September is the New Preseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Well, we all saw it in the quality of play in the Pack-Bears season opener. Two offenses that hadn't played live reps together all preseason, went out there and combined for just 13 points and a whopping 17 punts. Steve Young said it after the game, teams are somehow willing to hold their players out and let September become the new preseason. A shocking idea with so few opportunities to collect W's. I could see this being bad for the NFL brand if each year the early games are consistently poor quality.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

They damn well should have had at least, one live series per game.

I “get” not putting Rogers out there, I don’t agree with it, but I get it.

Who in their right mind lets Rex Grossman junior out there without playing a snap in the preseason? NFL has a legitimate problem with quality right now. Who wants to pay to watch that crap?

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yep. NFL has big problems.

1. Quality of product

Not just the fact that the games like tonight are bad. But the fact that the commercial to game radio is ridiculous. Every time you turn around, they say, back in 30 seconds. It completely makes watching suck.

2. Players

Some are retiring early to avoid the beating. (luck). Some are freaking knucklehead divas (brown). Some are. Pieces of garbage (hill).

I had watching live football as some big thing I missed after living abroad for four years. Was excited that I was off today so I could watch. Ended up turning it off at halftime.

I guess I will stay up late to watch the Titans Sunday, because it's the only chance I'll get to watch live all season, unless they make the super bowl. But today was crap.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Let's not overreact to the first game of the 2019 season, packers vs bears. This Sunday there will be lots of great football and we will see Titans smash the browns!
    The packers vs bears game sucked because:

1. Matt LaFluer is not a good offensive minded coach and he just sucks. He's not McVey and scammed the Packers into hiring him. He's way undeserving.

2. Trubisky is not good at all, no defending it, he is a 3rd stringer at best

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Think it shows. I'm on record, you can't just walk out there and expect to win and play good football without the live reps. Expect the older players like Collinsworth and Young to say it. But the proof is in the pudding. It will take teams a solid 5 weeks to get on the same page and at least 2 weeks to get into game shape. The only thing you can say about it is that at least everyone is doing the same thing so it's a fair fight. But the Titans, we are notoriously slow starters and every game counts for us. We can't just afford to throw a few games like both teams almost did last night. It's not going to change, but it does show.

6. Daqueef

Daqueef Special Teams Standout

Lafleur throwing the ball second down on a close the game out drive was the worst call all night and that’s really saying something. I hate this new wave look at me garbage. Dan Quinn lost a Super Bowl doing it. Not a single one of us know the nuances of play design and the x’s and o’s but I think just about all of us know the proper things to do in most situations. I wasn’t impressed with anything tonight besides the defenses.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

September has kind of always been treated differently than the rest of the season.

Guys come in rusty, and theres limited game film so game planning is minimal.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You guys know the Bears have one of the best defenses in the league, right?

The Packers also made some big additions to their defense. It shouldn't be surprising they improved.

Maybe it was just a perfect storm of two really good defenses and slow starting offenses?

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

He threw 24 tds to 12 ints last season. Hell of a lot better than our starter did. Just sayin.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Tribisky has better stats and more wins than Mary what kind of mental gymnastics you do to think Mary could deserve a big extension but trubs ain’t starter material lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar