Senior Bowl Game

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look, this is why rookie QBs almost never start in year 1. They all need to be developed. And then even when they do start, they take their lumps early on before (hopefully) they hit their stride.

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Coaches can request players from neighboring states or same state. My understanding is Fisher specifically asked for Cutler.

3. Nash

Nash Starter

I heard the same, so if they trade down look for Cutler to be the qb, if they stay it will be VY..(assuming New Orleans takes Lienart who is ready to start in the NFL)

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Visteg...

I can't disagree with your analysis more. Are you saying that nfl QBs get intercepted 90% of the time? The safety had coverage over the top he was not in man all the way down the field. The receiver was not open and the safety had plenty of time to break on the ball. That is cardinal rule #1 in the nfl. Don't float the ball up over the middle!

You say cutler under threw the ball. Ok but on another post you said he was almost "too accurate". So what is it? He did not play great, ok. Everyone in the booth addmitted it was a bad decision. Cutler admitted it was a bad decision. Mel kiper said it was a bad decision. Yes it was!

5. Of course, that assumes that the Texans take Bush...

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If the receiver had been aware of where the safety was on the field and shielded him, it was an easy TD. Also, after Byrd dropped a sure first down on 2nd and 10, Cutler came back and threw a strike to the right side that was also dropped and would have been a first down. His stats could have been better and he had some passes batted down that he shouldn't have thrown, though. I didn't see every pass he threw so I'm not quite sure what people are talking about when they say he should've had 3 picks. I hope they aren't counting where Bunkley broke up the screen or that DE blocked the ball on that rollout...

In other news, Ferguson looked good minus one play. He was badly beaten though, not even laying a finger on the guy...

DeAngelo, as I expected, played great. He could be the next LT.

Hali didn't impress me as much as everyone is saying. His first sack was a complete missed assignment where he wasn't even touched. The second sack was the QB holding the ball too long.

I liked what I saw from Byrd minus that dropped pass. He should be really good. Not like we'll be going for him but still.

It was hard to watch all of the line play, but what I did see from Jean Giles looked good. I think that would be our best play at the 2nd round if he's available (probably not).

I wasn't really impressed by any defensive players. D'Qwell Jackson made a few nice hits though and all I have been hearing is how he is a workout warrior so that was surprising. Probably a good pick in the mid 2nd round.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

also, to add to my list of negatives he didnt move the ball in the two minute drill. not even one first down. that's what i was most disappointed with. i wanted to see him at least get them in field goal range.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

good point

also, people need to remember that these kids had only a week together
    and they all had to work with several different "groups"

i think part of Jays inconsistency were due to drops by his receivers who weren't accustomed to his velocity ... it's just a guess

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ditto

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

maybe that's what Jeff's call to the league was about

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar