Senior Bowl Game

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I totally disagree with a few of the previous posters.
    I thought Cutler's decions were good, but as bigtitan53279 said he needs to lead the receivers more, he's almost "too accurate", putting the ball right on the receiver.
    He did not have any throws that were way off (like Hackney did).
    The receivers in general had a number of bad drops (Byrd had a huge gainer just drop through his hands).
    As I said earlier, he needs to work the ball over or around free-rushing defenders.
    He displayed his cannon arm, quick release and good accuracy.

Overall I was satisfied with his performance against a defence with arguably better players and coaching than anything Young and Leinart have ever played against.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The senior bowl game a worthless barometer?

The entire week can tell you about a QB because you can see how he takes to coaching, works with new receivers and the consistency of his throws. But how do you judge a guys value based on 1/3 of a game? You can't!

You have an entire college career to look at the strength, accuracy and consistency of his throws. How he throws on the run, how he moves in the pocket etc.

I think a senior bowl is helpful for the one on one positions like like lineman, receivers and corners. You get to see them match up directly with another prospect. But QB's play such a short time how can we know a guy didn't just have a bad day or was unfortunate to have dropped passes or poor blocking? The QBs don't have to face any blitzes or unusual defenses.

The 2 best players i saw yesterday were deangelo williams and giles the offensive guard from georgia. Williams looked at least a step faster than any other back and giles was pancaking people all day.

3. gilj40

gilj40 Guest

Just found it very odd his was on the North team. I hope Jay can become a very good NFL Qb. Look at Kelly Holcombe he may have not gone in and became the next Joe Montana but has really shown he is a quality Qb and has made a very good living full feeling his dreams.

4. TM

TM Starter

On the play where Cutler threw the INT to Griffin, Jay admitted in today's Tennessean that he went past the WR in his progressions and then came back to him which was a mistake. Furthermore, Kiper noted after the play that Jay had the VT RB wide open in the left flat and he could have walked in for a TD. If that's not bad decision making, I don't know what is.

In the first quarter Jay also badly missed a wide open TE when he rolled left and made the throw before he set his feet.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If that qualifies as bad decision making, then NFL quarterbacks make bad decisions 90% of the time.

Yes there was a better option available, but he had a receiver 1-on-1 with a safety in the endzone, unfortunately he underthrew the pass a little and Griffin made a great diving interception. How anyone can call that bad decision making is beyond me. Bad decision making is throwing into double coverage, trying to throw deep while you're being sacked, etc.

6. Because the 3 QBs on the South roster were from further south (2 from Alabama, 1 from Georgia). Simple geography...

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Damn it SK, you're ruining all the conspiracy theories with statements like that.

8. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Look at Dallas last year. Jason Witten was wide open yet they went to Glenn (I think thats his names) which could have cost them a play-off spot. This is by Drew Bledsoe a vet.

9. Oops... I mean because Fisher has pictures of Tagliabue... :ha:

10. TM

TM Starter

It was a bad decision because he came back to the WR after he had gone past him in the progression. He's trained not to do that. The fact that other QBs do the same thing does not excuse it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar