Senior Bowl 2014

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Clark, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Watching the fatties yesterday, I would not be surprised if we went OT in the 2nd. Looks as if there could be some good value there.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I use to be pretty high on Boyd, especially after his bowl performance. But, if you've watched any of the Sr Bowl practices he has been AWFUL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im sure playing in the ACC made him look better than he really is. The South Carolina game showed a little of that. Plus he's only 6'1". If we're taking a QB I'd like to get someone who isn't Jake Locker's twin in measurables.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

He's far from Locker's twin. They're both about the same height and are mobile, but Boyd is the superior passer. That's what I like about him. His comp % this year was almost 70%, at 68.5% and it has improved every year he's played.

The Senior Bowl is a good measure of how guys stack up against the best competition but I think QB is one position where you shouldn't put as much stock in how they perform because they have to learn an entire new offense in a week, throw to WRs they've never thrown to, and take snaps from a center they've never worked with before. When Boyd is comfortable in a system, you've seen what he can do. Give him a whole training camp and pre-season to work with his new team and he'll be fine.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Tajh "The Mirrage" Boyd. I liked him coming in to 2013, but soured on him throughout the year. He isn't anywhere nearly as accurate as his numbers would suggest. Clemson throws a **** ton of bubble screens to get the ball in to the hands of their playmakers.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea but we do that too, actually Im seeing that done by everyone a lot this year. Locker, Fitz, manning, Brady, Wilson, Kaep, everybody is going heavy with bubble screens now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Right, but anyone who says Boyd is accurate and throws out his % to prove it is wrong. His accuracy is streaky at best. He throws way too many balls in the dirt.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Not a fan of Boyd. No thank you. We need a good old fashioned accurate pocket passer that can keep defenses honest and open up our run game a bit, while improving our receivers.

9. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

10. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

You have to believe that a new coach without a proven QB wants to draft or acquire his franchise guy. I'd love to see Whiz land a young guy that he can grow with. If it is Locker, that is best case scenario considering his draft status and experience. If not, I'm glad Webster signed Wilson. That is probably the QB everyone is talking about drafting. They wouldn't have signed him to a 3 year deal otherwise.

OT isn't a sexy pick, but it is inevitable within the next 2 years. I expect Stewart's replacement to be drafted in the first with the intention of sliding over when Roos is finished. With Whiz being signed to a 5 year deal, I believe that he has some time to figure out his QB situation. He doesn't have to decide until Fitz's contract runs out at the end of 2014. Who knows, he may like Fitz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar