See Vince.... "Boo" happens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

No, you can blame the players for making it a bad game. that's why you boo them when they are bad.

2. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

I think booing your own team should be the rarest of events. To me, my team = my guys. I support them. Live and die with them, rhetorically speaking :) I might groan over a bad play but I'd never launch into a sustained booing campaign to try to punish one of "my guys". I see myself as an extension of the team, not a dispassionate observer demanding to be entertained. Maybe my approach comes from the fact that I was a college fan before I was a pro fan, and the sense of being part of a large "team", or to borrow the Aggie term "12th Man" is what makes being a fan have meaning to me.

Chicago fans got what they deserved when they went after Grossman to punish him and break his spirit -- they got a kid, eventually, who couldn't do anything right. They'll treat Cutler the same way if he doesn't play better in home games than he did Sunday. If they carry the attitude too far, then Cutler will end up being failed quarterback # 30 something for that team. I'm not saying that if a player sucks you have to act like you think they are great, but it does no good to heap shame and emotional pain on a guy who is struggling. The coaches will pull an ineffective player, the fans don't need to create more obstacles to them regaining the confidence needed to succeed.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

--says the guy with a VY avatar.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

You boo to keep from yelling a myriad of obscenities. :wink2:

Seriously, if you didn't boo, the team (players, coaches, owner, etc...) might come to the assumption that the fans are satisfied just to simply be at the game. It's shorter and easier than yelling, "Hey Fisher, I am quite displeased with your uncreative play-calling!", or "Hey Young, may God have mercy on your soul!", or "Good God Cecil, what the eff is going on here?". One word - "boo" can sum all of that up.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I cheer my arse off when they're good, and I boo with the rest of them when someone cannot figure out how to get their head out of their arse. Like Fisher playing a 3 man rush against Worthlessburger. It let's them know that we're watching!

6. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

i'm laughing my :grrr::grrr::grrr: off at that...great post

well played

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I cant remember ever booing a Titans player. I've booed Ray Lewis enough times though, and other Titans season killers, but not my guys. I'll give the occasional Bo chant to Bo Scaife. And the refs I'll boo all day if need be. Now if Jeff Fisher needs to get booed, I might do that. But good or bad I usually support Fisher. Or try to anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar