See Vince.... "Boo" happens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I sure am glad that Vince wasn't wearing a Shaub jersey and throwing for the Texan's on Sunday. The fans boo'd the heck out of Shaub and the team's play. Vince probably would have had a major meltdown.

The fans in GB also boo'd Rogers. And don't you know if Cutler played in Chicago instead of GB Sunday night that he would have heard a loud roar of boo's from the fans.

I'm noticing less tolerance from the fans. I don't know if it's the economy and people paying a lot of money to attend an NFL game and don't want to see terrible play for their pay? Or if the fans are just less tolerant and impatient when it comes to their teams?

I'm not advocating boo'ing, so please don't start the "It's right or wrong to boo" posts... It's just interesting to me how brutal some of us fans have become.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I boo the refs. I will never boo one of our players. Where is the logic in that?

3. SouthSide Titan

SouthSide Titan Camp Fodder

I have to agree with that.Booing your own team won't help anything.That's like being rude to someone that's cooking for you.I yell at my squad all day,but booing them...naw.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Agreed.

Nothing good ever comes out of booing a player.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

It's just the way of the world these days. People are colder than ever. I will never boo our own team. I will boo the Dallas Cowboys every chance I get though.

As long as it is in good taste and in good fun then it's cool. But to boo a poor kid when he gives his all just ain't cool.

As a professional though, you can't take it personally or let it get the best of you. Especially in VY's case. He was our $50,000,000 man and he cries over being booed. GTFOH. I am a huge supporter of Vince's but even I won't back him on that one. Way too soft for someone who has overcome much worse than being booed. That's just what haters do, they hate. It wasn't the first time someone had hated on him, so why cry because it happens in the pros?

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

You guys wouldnt Boo Jake Delhomme if he was our QB?

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Well Vince has stated he won't let that affect his game anymore. Anyways to stay on topic, i will never boo our team. If they screw up then i like to just curse until im calm. That's the American way.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I will boo anyone. I don't pay to get into a game to be an ego boost to a player who is sucking.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. amy

amy Starter

Booing is a national past time. I've done it since I was a kid and I'm old now. So it's been a long time booing! lol

I don't think the fans are any meaner than they were. It's just, as someone here said, they pay a lot of money to see good games and when that doesn't happen, they get testy.

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

When you buy your ticket, your not guaranteed to see a great game. All it gets you is the game. You choosing to buy a ticket to a titan game is you taking a chance and hoping the game will be worth the money. If it's not then you can only blame yourself for choosing to buy the ticket in the first place. It's like gambling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar