Second Round Options

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

While everyone is discussing who we will take in the first. There isnt alot of mention about our options in the the second and later rounds having such high picks.

We all understand that there are considerable holes in the defense. I think we have found our corners. Our D Line is young and we really need time to evaluate them. Yes even VB, he had a monster of a season (better than anyone could have predicted) but this is his only season completely healthy. Will he be just as injury prone in his future with the Titans. Our linebackers basically suck and im all for taking a linebacker in the second. But we also need help at saftey. One name that was continously brought up last year that we hardly hear any more is Jason Allen. Some had him predicted to go in the first.

What do think of the Titans using the second round pick to get Allen from UTK?

2. Nine

Nine Starter

Considering the nature of his injury, Allen would be an awful big gamble for a second round pick. In fact, considering the number of healthy, talented DB's available this year, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see him slip to the second day. I'd happily risk a 4th or 5th round pick on him, but it remains to be seen how quickly he'll bounce back from the hip injury, and how far.

But I'll say this much: if he comes back all the way, he could be exactly what the Titans defense needs. He's definitely got top-notch playmaking ability....he and Vince Fuller could spark a huge turnaround for the Titans defense, and within a year or two, they could be one of the better tandems in the league.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

reports are he may be ready to run at the combine.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Hopefully Allen can come back to form....but not until after we draft him in the 4th or 5th :lol:

Maybe a LB like Hodge, Pahman, Carpenter, Jackson, etc. Or maybe o-line. Maybe S.....hell maybe anything ;)

5. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

Jason Allen is projected the 4th best safety on the board and 7th best corner. He runs a 4.47 and is projected to be gone in the high-middle second. This is with his injury. I believe the Titans will go either LB or Safety with this pick. At the #35 pick their will be either a safety or LB that was suppose to go in the 1st fall to us.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

It's simple. Have the doctors check him out. If everything looks good, I'd take him in the second. If it doesn't look so hot, take him in the 4th should he be there (long shot big time).

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

we actually have the #39 pick because they rotate the order of teams that are tied.

A few things that you can count on in the early 2nd rnd is that their will be a good MLB(Jackson,Hodge, or Parham) available as well as very good talent at RT and interior OL.

Our draft strategy will certainly be molded by what we do in FA and with guys like Sirmon. But with so many holes this should be the draft to take BPA for most rnds.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Sirmon has proven he cannot be relied upon. Should be brought back with chance of earning minimum and a spot. This is why I am not a GM - lol

9. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I think the Titans are high on Vincent Fuller, like that ex-QBs work-ethic and will give Tank another year..

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

A little competition never hurt anyone. Especially considering Fuller and Tank's injury histories. Bottom line is that we need at least one extra safety that is capable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar