SEC fans are embarrassing.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

You know what I found interesting about that game?

How disinterested and bored Alabama looked the whole time. This was a team with National Championship dreams playing a bowl game they couldn't have cared less about. Meanwhile, this was like, the biggest game of all time for Utah.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Some more random pride displayed by southerners. Something I will never understand is the Us vs Them view in the south towards the north. You don't really get that anywhere else in the country, at least in the places I've lived.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Uh, they do it 'up there' as well. They constantly mock the south, don't act like they don't.

4. Fry

Mock? Oh yeah, stereotypes abound. The Us vs Them thing though? Not so much.

I remember when I was in high school in the south during one of my history classes, my teacher was talking about how the the education system in the north was better than it was in the south pretty much throughout US history. Some girl raised her hand and asked him where he was from and he replied New York. She then says, "Yeah, I thought so. You don't have to call us stupid!"

I just don't get random group pride. Never have and never will. Region pride. Ethnic pride. Fraternity pride. It' all bullsht to me...

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you will be all alone come the zombie apocalypse

6. Fry

Because big groups will be the way to go ;)

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well they start as big groups anyways

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

So I think we all learned a valuable lesson tonight:

Yes, having a good field goal kicker is something you should try to do.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

SEC title, sure.

National Championship?? Please.

10. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I go because I am fan regardless of the outcome I don't abandon my team anymore than I would abandon my wife if she developed an illness. That's just bad form and show lack of character.
    It really wasn't cold at all and we had an excellent time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar