Sean Peyton Embodies The Modern Head Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

bollocks

Manning had not had a good 2nd qtr. It was a gamble their D would be able to stop the Colts or hold them to a field goal.

If the Colts got the ball there would still have been 2 full qtrs to play. Getting the ball and scoring meant that Manning hadn't had the ball in over 70 minutes.

Best way to beat the Colts is to keep their offence off the field.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I did hear 55% if it was unexpected.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Duh we drafted vince young with the 3rd pick in the 2006 draft. He was the backup plan! The same year we drafted VY they signed Brees.

And yes the saints were damn lucky that pierre thomas and marques colston are so good. Both 7th rd picks which means they thought so highly of both they passed on them 6 times before drafting them.

All 7th rd picks that turn out great involve some luck. scott Pioli jokes about what a genius he was to pass on brady 5 times before finally drafting him.

Remember the saints used a 2nd pick on a guy who was only 3rd in the team in rushing and a 1st rd pick on a guy who is the #3 WR. Drafting Bush to be a 3rd down back was never the plan and never genius.

Even the drew brees signing had to have turned out better than they could have ever hoped. They thought they were getting a solid high 80s passing rating type guy i don't think in their wildest dreams they thought he would be this good.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

People say that the Saints have built this explosive offense while the titans have sat on their hands and done nothing?

2006 VY 3rd pick

2006 LW 2nd rd

2008 CJ 1st rd

2009 Kenny Britt 1st rd

2010 2nd rd pick to draft Jared cook

I want someone to tell me we are not making a commitment to get skilled players on offense.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

This
    [​IMG]
    is not this
    [​IMG]

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Am I the only one that doesn't see that as any sort of response?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. World Peace

This thread is rubbish. Sean Payton couldn't shine Phil Jackson's shoes.

8. World Peace

Is Sean Payton a Zenmaster® Like Phil Jackson or a Riverboat Gambler Coach?

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Payton* ;)

And wow, Fish has a huge beer belly! I knew he'd put on some weight over the years, but good God.

10. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

It's ironic how this modern day coach has Drew Brees as QB and the old guy Fisher had his hands tied with average QB's for 17 years. Sure makes a difference in game planning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar