Schwenke to start this Sunday vs 49ers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GTFO my pancakz, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

That didn't rank them. That was based off the order he thought they would be drafted.

2. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

i'm just comparing sizes. No need to bring an argument point from left field chief.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

wtf... how am I trying to "denegrate" him?

You guys are impossible to be rational with.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I wonder if Matthews or Munchak made this call. Either way I'm glad that they're addressing the fact that Turner is the weakest link on the OL right now.

The rest of the OL needs to step their game up because even our best player #71 is looking like a pushover out there.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

As far as size goes Schwenke is actually bigger than the Pounceys, John Sullivan, Max Unger, Alex Mack, and Eric Wood. These are all highly successful Centers so I'm not sure where the undersized comment comes from. Height-wise he's only an inch shorter than most of those guys but he outweighs most of them by at least 10lbs all while running a much faster 40 (4.99) and hitting 31 reps on the bench. He was also an All pac-12 pick in his first year playing the position.

I'm not saying the dude will be an immediate pro bowler but it's not just homerism to think the guy will be good. To me more than half the excitement comes from the fact that Turner can now play his more natural position of left out. 1/4 comes from the fact that I think he's a solid prospect and the other 1/4 comes from the fact that he will improve with every snap and will be building a rapport with Chance.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We better not switch back to Turner if Schwenke struggles either. Don't even think about doing that garbage. This guy is our future center... keep in him in there and let him learn.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

[​IMG]

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Actually walterfootball.com is basically a glorified blog and those rankings are done by a reporter whose most important NFL job was running the Buccaneers website. While he is a member of the Pro Football Writers Association I wouldn't put him over any other draft analysis. He is just as wrong as Mayock and Kiper.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well here's the thing:

Even Mayock who is balls-deep in love with the guy - says "I think he can be a starter in the NFL"... he thinks. Not really a condident sounding sense of praise. Not saying "this guy will be a starter" or "he should be a starter"... it sounds more up in the air. As if "maybe, on a bad enough team- he'll get a chance".

I think he'll be ok.

But I don't think he's going to be someone to bank on for years ahead. We'll still have to upgrade the position.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You're possibly right but in my admittedly limited observation he's a solid enough prospect where it's reasonable to hope for him to be at the very least a decent-good player that prevents us from having to waste a pick on another center rather than improving our team at a more impactful position. If he can be better than Velasco i'll be happy. I like Velasco but that's not asking much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar