Schwartz to interview with Lions, Browns

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

He was fired, the Redskins are such a disfunctional organazation it amazes me how there still able to compete week in and week out. Whats crazy about it is, he was interviewed 4 times for the HC job. The guy is already a member of your team, i can see 1 interview but 4? Any normal job that brings you back 4 times you would feel pretty dam confident that their going to hire you,nope, not the Skins....Sad :sad2:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Synder never wanted him for a HC because he was unsuccesful with the bills. Whatever happened in those interviews he was obviously not very impressed with greg williams.

It's normal to change out the coaches when a new HC comes in. Williams' record with the skins is pretty solid and we can hardly judge him for one injury ruined season in jacksonville.

I would take him over mcginnis.

3. psychotictitan

If he didnt want him, he should of never even interviewed the guy in the first place. Snyder new the whole time he wasnt going to hire him but he continued to bring him back and give the guy hope. Thats a @$$h*le move if you ask me and thats why the Redskins are the Redskins. I was a huge fan of Williams when he was here, if Schwartz leaves i hope he lands here

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Let's see, we gave up 390 yards to the Colts. We gave up 374 yards to the Steelers.

Of course we are missing AH in those games, which begs the question.. what kind of defense will we have next year if we don't have AH but still have Schwartz??

I laugh at you sir. Do you always base your opinions on only one season of work? Ever look at someone's entire career?

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

We've had a great defense for two years now and it was the worst defense in the league just a few years ago. I'm not sure what in the world your talking about but it seems to me that Schwartz turned a horrible defense into a top defense and has sustained it for two years.

6. psychotictitan

What did those 374 yards get the Steelers? It got them 14 points, a loss, and cost them homefield. Its not always about total yards in the NFL, its about pts allowed and "W's". That second game against the Colts was a preseason game practically, i wouldnt put any emphasis on stats for a game that had absolutely no meaning.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

D'OHHH!! You beat me to it.
    I will take 'more points when the 4th quarter clock reaches 0:00' many times over having way less yards than the opposing team.
    Points at the end of the game mean more than yards allowed or yards gained.
    Schwarz seems to have the 'bend but don't break' defense down to a science.

If he does leave, I'm all for Gregg Williams coming back. Our family reunion has worked for everyone except JMac.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

were you watching dehr Schwartzies D breaking like waves on the beach without AH in the lineup in 2007?

The Titan D of the last two seasons is entirely credited to a motiveated AH, without him playing at AP/HoFer level the Titan D is the same as in 05 and 06. Which is to say bend then break, rinse and repeat.

Schwartz reminds me of the squeelers and dolts ... and because it is friday the :coltssuk:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. psychotictitan

I agree with your post but we also have a better rotation and players around AH this year as appose to 07. IMO i think the depth of Ford,Ball,Hayes, and Jones is better then Starks,Laboy,Odom,Fisher. Keep in mind that these guys have made significant contributions and its only there 1st year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar