Schwartz to interview with Lions, Browns

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

And, they've got the first pick in the draft this year (whether they use it or trade it is another thing. I'd trade it for more picks.) along with a boatload of Dallas' picks from a very good trade made earlier this season for Roy Williams.

If done correctly, this rebuild may not take as long as some think.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The bottom line for me is that i don't want mcginnis as our DC. He has no proven record of success as a DC or head coach. Granted that experience was with the cardinals but he did nothing to improve that defense.

3. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

hmmmm......I wonder if any of these will offer him a job. He's had quite a few interviews before... Only time will tell. I wouldn't mind seeing ol' Jimmy Boy in silver and royal blue.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Go Jim Go!

5. SteveH

SteveH Starter

bye week - weekend off whatever
    Jimbo should be concentrating on the playoffs for the minute

6. I agree, I just think that he, Cecil, or McGinnis would be our DC and one of our current 2 on that list would go with Schwartz as his DC.

Same thing happened when Williams left to be Buffalo's head coach. He took Gray as his DC and we promoted Schwartz. It could have easily been the opposite.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I wish

8. He was successful enough as a DC back in the late 90's that 2 teams tried to hire him as their HC. The Bears famously tried to hire him, calling a press conference to announce it, but did so before actually agreeing to a contract with him and he walked away. The Cardinals promoted him later on.

9. Yeah, 'cause our defense sucks with him as DC... :rolleyes:

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

sucked the last two weeks. Nearly 800 yards granted. Good thing Rothersigiergerer put the squeelers -4 in TOs on the day. I am not taking anything away from the Titan D, but the squeeler OL is terrible. Titans, as usual, got what they got from the front 4.

Like I said elsewhere I could be DC of the Titans. 6-7 Allpros spread throughtout the DL, LBs and DBs. If Jimbelina grew a set the D could dominate, but he perfers to allow the field to be flipped consistanlty giving up FGs on long drives and he calls that successful. The Houston loss is squarly on Dehr Schwartzie IMHO. Allowing TWO 16 play drives is a total indictement of him and his Chamberlain like Defensive philosiphy.

Titans will be much improved when he leaves

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar