schwartz throws a hissy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackmann

zackmann Guest

how about the fact that the Jags owned us all day on 3rd down...

if the jags would have run more, they would have probably won...all their mistakes came on passing plays...

i do not see where you think we slowed down their running attack...

2. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Here are a few facts that make my case and blows yours.

1) The Titans defense made big plays-your scheme has to be good to be in a position to make big plays.

2) The Titans did not allow Jacksonville to ram the ball into the end zone on all but one drive.

3) How many runs did Jacksonville make over 15 yards aside from Fred Taylors big run?

4) How do our stats match up to those oof Indianoplis's from a week earlier versus the Jags-now that was a track meet.

5) Finally, who won? and why did the winning team win? - that says it all.

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

dude...the jags gained 400 yards of total offense, averaged 5 yards per carry and were 10-19 on 3rd down...

nfl teams don't win many ball games with a defensive scheme that allows that to happen...

pacman's pick was a great play by pacman...it had very little to do with JS...any coach can have pac play man to man...that play was on pac...

cortland's fumble return easily could have been recovered by a jags player (just like stewart recoved vince's fumble) and the jags probably wouldn have scored on that drive...they were driving it down our throats on that drive up until the fumble...

hopes INT was more of due to the pass coverage than individual talent...so i'll give JS that one...

our pass rush was not working against the jags...garrard had 10+ seconds on some plays running left and right like it was a tecmo video game...

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and by more you mean maybe 2 total?

5. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Are you on drugs, man? You do realize Indi is worst in the league in rushing defense allowing 176 YPG. We managed to surpass this mark and allow 203, when Fisher's largest mandate as a coach is to stop the run?

6. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Each and every one you whiners is truly a sight for sore eyes.

We win a big game in a way that nobody has ever done and all you do is whine, moan and groan.

Not one of you played a down of foootball at a meaningful elvel of play and each and every one of you acts like they know more than Jim Schwartz.

Lobby for the DC, Jim Schwartz's job and see if Jeff Fisher or any other NFL coaach will listen.:ha:

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Don't be mad here FT, because you are in the minority here. I am very happy we are winning games. Just because I complain because we have one of the worst DC's in the game doesn't make me any less of a fan than you are.

So do us all a favor, and get off of your pulpit.

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I was just watching the Keith Bulluck's post game comments.

"I am going to be honest, we haven't played great defense all year. You know, there will be games where will be stout but we're not a top 10 defense, nor, I don't even know if we're top 15, but at the same time we made plays and a lot of games that we've won we've caused turnovers, to give the offense the ball in scoring position. We've done things that defenses are supposed to do and it builds confidence in this young defense and the young offense to see that our defense is bending but not breaking."

9. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

I'm not mad or upset.

I can however, hold up my end of this argument with some first hand knowledge of what goes on in developing and executing a game plan. Not many others can, so when I hear those who want too tell us all what experts that they are and can not back it up, I call BS on you.

BS on you suppup.:))

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

well let's see

No, having good players is what makes big plays. And for the game in question, Schwartz did nothing to put Pacman, Hope or Hill in position to make those interceptions. Pac made a great break on the ball, something only an elite DB could have done (surely Hill wouldn't have). Hope got a gift because Garrard threw to the outside and the receiver went inside. Hill got an interception on a nice tip from Fuller, but again it was Fuller's closing speed, not anything special about the scheme that enabled him to get a hand in there. And of course it's ridicolous to pretend that Schwartz scheme had anything to do with the fumble.

True, we made a great goalline stand. However if Garrard doesn't turn the ball over repeatedly, it would very likely have been a different story considering how they DID ram the ball over and around our front 7 pretty consistently. Our biggest luck of the day was probably that both Taylor and Jones-Drew had to miss the end of the game with injuries.

3 times, 4 with Taylor's run. But what's your point? Everybody knows Schwartz is trying to prevent the big plays, unfortunately his plan for doing that involves leaving the defence on the field for way too long, instead of just stopping them on 3rd down.

The Colts only gave up 51 more yards than we did and they have what must be the leagues worst run defence... well maybe except ours....

We won and we won because of 3 great individual efforts on defence producing scores. We did not win because the defensive gameplan kept the opponent in check, they were running rampant all over us, and chances are with a better QB (maybe even with Leftwich) they win (big).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar