schwartz throws a hissy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

about LTIII

ya know, I saw a pretty good game form lt3 yesterday. he was everywhere - he's just usually a step too late or what not ..... and I am going to go out on a limb here and claim it's the scheme that has him out of place. He's still in the starting rotation because he is executing the zone just as he should

I think LaMont might be a good player in a press scheme (Hill too)

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I've never done that....obviously that would be silly.

The thing about this hissy fit is that it admits a failure on his part: "The only stat that matters is winning".

Okay, let's break that down.

We've only started winning since VY arrived. Is he taking credit for that?

The D has some great years in the 00's while under JS'

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

:rotfl:

4. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

If the defense keeps scoring 3 TDs per game then Schwartz should stay. What are the chances of that happening?

5. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Whats funny, is that Jim Schwartz is going to stay and the same folks will have something to moan and groan about next season.

Schwartz's game plan was solid yesterday. If not for a few missed tackles and missed assignments, we force a couple more punts.

I did not see any big plays made by Jacksonville that netted quick ans easy points. The Jags had to work for every yard and every point yesterday. In the end it was Schwartz' guys who made the plays that made the difference in the ball game.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

a solid game plan?

any game plan that revolves around allowing them to run the ball down our throats as we hope and pray for a turnover is not a good game plan...

7. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Please, point out some specific weaknesses in the game plan? What would you have done in specific situations?

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

How about:
    3-4-JAC31 (5:36) (Shotgun) M.Jones-Drew up the middle to JAX 48 for 17 yards (S.Tulloch).
    where Schartz lines up 3 defensive lineman, drops everybody else in coverage, and the Jax run a draw play for an easy first down, something they did all day long against the Colts.

Or how about:
    3-5-TEN43 (11:51) (Shotgun) D.Garrard scrambles up the middle to TEN 34 for 9 yards.
    where nobody is in a position to prevent the QB, a known scrambler, from picking up an easy first down.

Or how about:
    3-12-TEN36 (9:56) D.Garrard pass deep left to R.Williams to TEN 6 for 30 yards (C.Hope).
    with a 3 or 4 man rush, everybody else in coverage and the rush doesn't get to Garrard and he finds one of the Jax receivers wide open (and there were a couple).

Those were just the ones I could remember of the top of my head.

9. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

You might want to lobby for Schwartz's job.

I saw a defensive scheme that slowed down the 2nd best running team in the NFL. I saw a defensive scheme that chsed and pressured the opposing QB into 4 interceptions and a fumble. I saw a defense that did not alolow any cheap, easy, and quick scores. I saw defensive scheme that frustrated the most physical team in the NFL.

Some people will never be happy until we field a defense that never gives up a yard over the course of an entire season and goes unscored upon fro 16 games plus the playoffs.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I have zero love for LT but 'that' is an interesting point.

I still think the only shot we have of losing Schwartz is if another team wants him as their head coach. Fisher never holds his assistants back if they get a shot at moving up.

I can see a team with terrible defensive stats that might see something in Jimbo...... That's right it's the Colts!

Similar stat's, all they need is a shot of 'all I care about is winning'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar