Scared For 2008 Titans Season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MDTitansFan, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

Concern For 2008 Titans Season?

So, the complete NFL season hasn't finished yet but there are many questions us fans have for the Titans in 2008. A lot of difficult decisions that this organization has to make and how to upgrade. Even though we made the playoffs this year. (Fishers Goal) Is this team ready for a challenge next year and compete for a championship? Just a few questions and comments to think about that are driving some of us crazy, and some are just reasons for concern.
    Scared? The reason for this word put into the mix is, if most of these questions don't get answered we could be looking at maybe a poor season.

1. Can we find a Offensive Coordinator that will help make this offense score with the best of them, and utilize our franchise player, VY? VY was a 3 year project, going into his third year, will he finally show why we chose him?
    Reason to be Concerned = VY, can he finally pull through, or was he a mistake? With maybe a few weapons, can he finally make people believe? If he gets weapons, will he use them, or will it make no difference?

2. Draft??
    Reason to be Concerned = We need a solid draft this year. Our past three all have had questions, can we finally draft some players with out everyone going, HUH? This needs to be probably one of the most important drafts because it will help fix our 2005 and 2006 draft picks. Yes, Pac Man might not be back, can we find depth at CB, or a solid starter. And as for VY, can we get him some WR's around him. The draft is deep at WR, CB, RB, can we fill our needs with these players?

3. Chris Hope. One of our standout leader/producers on this team.
    Reason to be Concerned = If he does not come back due to his injury, or this limits him, he needs time, we have to find a replacement. That will then lead us with another hole to fill using the draft, free agency. THis guy is a gamer, we need him back. Griffin is a stud, and with hope next to him, one of the best safety duos. But if Hope for some reason cannot make it, which I hear little about his injury, Calvin Lowry proved to us, that he has flaws in his game and might not be suited to be a starter.

4. Albert Hainesworth!
    Reason to be Concerned = Being how he played this year, we cannot let him go, we have to lock him up. That being said, what if secretly he played for a fat contract. That would kill us all if he played sub to what he did this year. There are two reasons to this one, can we lock him up, will he be as dominate as this lone year. Lets hope so.

5. Pac Man.
    Reason to be Concerned = Now, we did fine with out him on defense, but in all seriousness the kid is a gamer. Our KR and PR hurt this year without him. It looks like he wont be back after his recent problem because enough is enough and fisher is old school. But the reason here is, we wasted a high draft pick in 2005, we now need depth at CB, a KR, and or a PR. But one thing is for sure, the titans need to make a decision on this guy, because i dont know about the rest of you, but it kills me to not know what is going to happen with having him on the team or not. Either, get rid of him, or keep him, do not play games. Relieve the team, fans, ownership by making a bold decision.

6. Running the Ball.
    Reason to be Concerned = Well, 3.8 yards a carry just wont get it done! Can we improve a area in which we love. Thats it, we cannot settle for crap anymore, this year i think we settle on offense rather than making something happen.

These are big issues this team needs to address. To sum it up, dont screw around with the draft, improve the offense, deal with player situations, and decide where this team wants to go, because the tinkering over these last few years has been a little crazy, with development of players, drafting, and coaching.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Nice breakdown.

About AH, we will franchise him if we don't sign him long-term. So at least he'll be here one more year.

Pacman, I think we are pretty good without him in the CB game. We could use addition from FA for depth.

KR/PR I agree, I'm kind've hoping we draft some burner in the 4-6th rounds to just use as a returner. That's it. It's important enough of a position that it would be good to have 1 great player at that alone, and not try to make him start on O or D.

I also think our running game is good.

Otherwise, I agree with your first 3 points. I'm concerned about the WR priority 1. I'm scared Fisher may think we are good at the WR position. Hopefully we keep Gage, the rest I'm not sure I really care either way. And we CAN'T be drafting players in the first three rounds that are never going to be active in a game. Paul Williams still leaves me scratching my head, otherwise I was pretty good with the draft.

3. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

I honestly think it is a priority to keep Gage, he showed alot more this year than i thought he would of. But please we need another receiving threat...Moss aint going to happen, nor do i see any of these so called trades happening, i wouldnt want Walker, nor injury prone Roy. Now Fitzgerald on the other hand, if the price was right i would pull for it, maybe a 2nd rounder if you could do it. Hell maybe a 1st if none of the guys you want is there(Not like our pick is extremely high anyway).

As for #6, Am I the only one that is not a fan of White? Okay i might like Brown more regardless of his mistakes, but White just doesnt do it for me. Every time i saw him run i would get paranoid over what he was thinking in his head. N i for one, believe we might have that homerun RB with Henry. He needs to get some serious play time in the preseason, cuz i think he can be a 4.3+ ypc back.

I think we still had a good year this year, since alot of people had tennessee predicted at no better than 8-8, and no playoffs. They went from almost last placed D to 5th, now lets just do the same for the offense this coming season.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Pacman could have been Deion Sanders. Pretty sad.

5. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Very tru, unfortunately he doesnt have the common sense to change his life around *hint,hint* stay out of strip clubs

6. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Like someone once said "its ok to be scared".

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^that's what I tell all my girlfriends.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i thought you were married?

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

It's just a shame he's nowhere near as smart as Sanders.

With Sanders it's all image. With Pac... well, you know the rest. :rolleyes:

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Well, you are asking if we should be scared that we won't win the championship, and I don't think I'm scared, and I don't think our team feels any pressure to do that. I think Dallas should be scared, because they expect to win, and always lose, but all other teams have very little to be scared about in my opinion. We actually have a lot of upside. We have money to spend, we have young players, and we made the playoffs. It's not like we are trapped or tapped out. And I would like to win the championship, but I'm not scared like this is our last chance either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar