say we get the first overall pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 520, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

What's your ideal outcome? And what would downright depress you?

My ideal outcome would be something I just came up with in another thread...we trade with Philly for there first foles and a second and or third. I don't know much about pick worth in trades but that sounds fair. We get a qb to compete with mett, and an additional pick. Maybe wed also get a fifth sixth or seventh.

My least favorite possibility is ending up with mariota. Ugh. Luckily for me I highly doubt whiz would do that.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Trade back, get more GOOD picks.

We'll get a bunch of 3rds... for next year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't want Mariota. I don't want Foles.

I think we either need to roll with Mett/vet combo next year and grab a pass rusher in the 1st or we gotta go all-in and roll the dice on the potential disaster that is Jameis Winston. Huge risk. Huge potential reward. I was against him for the longest time but at this point who even gives a F anymore. He could be just what is needed to drag this garbage franchise out of its perpetual irrelevance.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Basically your 'ideal outcome' would depress me ... probably to the point that I would never watch the Titans again.

This trade is just no where near close to fair for the Titans.

Eagles will probably be picking in the 28-32 range. Lets say they pick at #28.

1st overall pick is worth ~3000 pts

28th overall pick is worth ~660 pts

60th pick (Eagles 2nd round pick) would be worth ~300 pts and the 92nd pick (3rd round) is worth ~132 pts)

So basically even if we swapped 1sts and got the 2nd AND 3rd round picks, we would be giving up a pick worth 3000 points for 3 picks worth 822 points ... there is still a difference of 2178 points.

You want the Eagles to give us Foles to make up the difference. But no way Foles is worth 2178 points!! Think of it this way ... the #3 overall pick in the draft is worth 2200 points. Would you trade the #3 overall pick for Foles straight up?!?!

HELL NO.

The eagles would need to give up WAAAAAY more than what you are suggesting. To move up almost 30 spots to take the #1 overall pick would require like 2 full drafts, or a 1st rounder every year for the next 5 years, or a lot more players than just Foles.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

My ideal trade would be something like the Rams did with the Redskins.

They moved from #2 overall, to #6 overall and picked up an extra 2nd (39 overall), and got 2 additional 1st round picks.

Ideally, I would like to see the Titans trade from like #1 to #5 and pick up a 2nd round pick AND 3rd round pick this year and 2 future 1st round picks.

At #5 we can still pick up a game changer on D, and then we would have 2 high 2nds (which would essentially be 1st rounders) and 2 high 3rds (which would basically be 2nd rounders)

Then we would have 5 picks high enough that they should be able to come in and make an immediate impact.

With those 5 picks I would target OLB x2, NT, CB, G

6. 24

24 Starter

Why do you guys hate Mariota again?

7. 520

Call me crazy...but I actually want a good qb who'll be around for long term. Not A kaep ripoff

8. 520

Well like I said I don't know much bout pick trade value lol

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

tired of mobile qbs.

period.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

eeeh hes discounting the 'established' QB you wanted tossed in. Has to have some value.

But yeah its hard to trade high first round picks because you need a retarded trade partner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar