Say its Pick #33...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Broken Arrow, Jan 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

The likelihood of this is slim to none, but if Reggie Ragland is there at #33 overall, there is no debate. I have heard rumors that scouts prefer LSU's Kendell Beckwith over Ragland. If teams needing a MLB or ILB go with Smith, Jack, and Beckwith, it is possible that Ragland could fall. I do not believe he tests extremely well.

2. MrPickSix

MrPickSix Starter

I'm trying to like Henry I just can't. I think old Chris Johnson spoiled us all....

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

I bet we trade our #33 for a Head Coach

4. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Best player available

5. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

I would trade 1st overall for Belichick

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

You want a used up 30 year old rb? Hmm...id take a chance on Doug Martin for the right price. All the other fa rbs are eghhhhhh

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I still think Forte has plenty of game left. We need a veteran 3 down RB and a guy who is a threat in the passing game as well. I would not complain with Lamar Miller either, but I think that Forte is still a better overall RB than Miller and that Forte still has 2-3 yrs left in the tank. He was very solid at the end of the year coming back from his injury.

8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Yeah....Henry would be a bigger impact player, and let's be honest, guys. Cox and McCourty is a pretty good CB duo...we just have chitty depth at the CB position. When those guys get hurt, we are sucking wind with Sensabaugh or Blidi Wilson.

So, I would prefer to address CB, RT (Okung, Andre Smith...maybe trade back one spot in the first, to Cleveland...so they know we won't trade that spot to a QB needy team....for OT Joe Thomas), WR (Alshon Jeffrey) and S (Eric Berry if he still hit's FA) in free agency.

This would let us take the BPA in practically every round. Henry's not an ultra elusive slasher. He's a big downhill runner who can gash teams between the tackles or break a run to the outside, as he has adequate elusiveness to make the first defender miss or eat a good stiff-arm. His money-maker is his break-away speed, which is extremely rare for a power back.

In fact, I wanted us to take Carlos Hyde rather than Sankey two years ago. Henry is Carlos Hyde with a jetpack on his back. :)

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I hope we don't need to draft another WR, by going after Alshon Jeffrey in FA. Won't be cheap, but I'm sick of seeing us suck while sitting on tons of cap space. Something is horribly wrong with that picture.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I think you have to watch him play games to really appreciate his value. No runner is going to dominate every game, all game. But as a Tennessee Vol fan, I've watched Henry enough to know he could have a big impact on our offense, if we shore up the OL like we need to.

What distinguishes him is he has rare breakaway speed you very rarely see a big power back possess. You only see one of those come out in the draft every 5yrs or so. He has pretty good vision and seems to have a knack for making defenders miss once he gets to the 2nd level. We need that.

Henry doesn't dance around like DMC or CJ does/did. He's a one cut runner and hits whatever crease is there. When there isn't a crease/hole, he still gets you 3-4 tough yards. Make defenses respect Mariota off a bootleg or keeper, and Henry could do some damage in this offense.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar