Say Fisher leaves after this year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PAtitansfan53, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

My real question is why so many people are praising chow? What has he shown in his 2 years of NFL experience that makes anyone think he is ready for a head coaching job? I don't think we got by last season on superior offensive plans, I think we barely got by and managed to pull a few things out on luck. Also, even if he is really good at his job now, would he really be ready to be a head coach so soon? I'm sure he wouldn't turn it down, but why would we want to turn it over to him over another head coach with prior experience.

I don't know who I would want, or who would be available, but I don't know why so many people think Chow is the automatic choice.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Chow...

He's the best coach we have so why is that so hard to understand? He runs this offense what on earth would make anyone think that is not true? This is obviously not the same offense we had with dinger.

Seems to me this must be antiasian redneck week reading a few posts.

Chow in 2 years took a group of guys with less than average ability and made them into an average offense. Last year he had kerry collins for three games and a rookie QB for 13 and we still were in the middle of the pack in scoring offense.

One poster idiotically even prefers schwartz to chow. Why because he is more white? Schwartz has sucked at his job longer than any other assistant in the league?

There are reasons to not want chow for HC. His age, the fact he has never been a head coach even in college. But jeff fisher had never been a head coach when he was hired.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Stanford turning him down...

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The jeff fisher cult..

It's almost like those who admit he might be gone in 08 apologize for it. I don't want to see fisher go but, etc.

What has the guy done that is so great?

In the 12 year fisher era..

Average offensive ranking 15.9
    Average defensive ranking 15.6
    Number of winning seasons-4
    Number of losing seasons-4
    Number of 8-8 seasons-4
    Last top ten ranked defense-2002
    Last playoff season 2003
    Average defensive ranking last 3 seasons- 25.6

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat..

How is it so apparent this is fisher's offense? Those who watch the games know that fisher is not calling the plays. Every time we get a new coordinator the offense changes. Is that just fisher changing?

Or is it because chow isn't white? He's a token?

Chow is paid damn good money to be our OC not stand on the bench with a clipboard. Why would we hire a high profile, actually by far the most high profile coordinator in college ball if you are not going to let him coach? And when has jeff fisher ever been an oc?

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's still Fisherball. There was only a short span that Dinger actually got to do what he wanted, and during that time we were actually putting up points for about 4-5 games, then we went right back to Fisherball and scored far less. When Dinger actually got control, you saw far more passes down field.
    Fisher gives them very little freedom. This offense doesn't even remotely resemble anything Chow did at USC. The style is far more conservative, but I guess that's just a coincidence.
    Oh, and don't deny that 'Dinger thing either. It was known and made public that he had to practically get Fisher drunk in order to "open up the playbook". Remember that?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

256...why?

If Bud Adams knows what's best for him, he'd do what it takes to keep Fish as the HC of the Titans.
    -------------------------------------------------

Why? Is mediocrity the goal of this organization?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat doesn't get it..

Every running play is not a fisher play. It should be obvious that the style of the passing is different than it was with dinger here. The drops and patterns are different. We run more west coast type stuff now.

There is much more to running an offense than just the run pass ratio.

Your analysis is way too simple. You assume that all dinger and chow would want to do is pass while fisher wants to run. Steve mcnair would be the first to tell you that chow's offense was much different from dinger. The way the plays are run, the reads etc are different.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hmmm..

In 05 the titans were 5th in the nfl in pass attempts but only 28th in yards per pass. How is 5th fisher ball? It's not. We threw because we couldn't run and had a vet QB in mcnair. the offense reflected chow's influence throwing short passes as an extension of the running game. In 06 with a rookie QB and a better running game things were different.

Very little similarity statistically between the 05 team and the 06 team. If it's all fisher and his desire to run the ball that would be the case.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar