Saw Serenity....what about Firefly?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bobo, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This simply can't be said enough...

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Okay, so i just Googled "Firefly" and read a couple of episode synopsis.

How is the production? I'll be honest...I'm a movie type of guy, and I don't care how good a show is, if it looks like "Stargate" or "Doctor Who" (TNS), I won't sit through it.

This is why I dig "Galactica".

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Better than BSG IMO.

Zoic did the effects, and also did the effects for the BSG mini.
    But it is not an effects driven show.
    There is not space battles at all in the series.

It is more light and humorous in its nature than BSG, but it is much less of a "soap opera in space" that BSG became in season 2.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well you can see a difference between the production of the movie and the tv show, but the show is still very good imo. I can't watch many tv shows either, as they just feel....I don't know, cheap? :ha:

The characters and the story really make it good, so the little things can be overlooked for me.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You would like the show and the movie. The show is a little saucy but about what you would expect. Enough action and side plot to keep it interesting. The movie ties in a big part which was totally worth it IMO. If you like Galactica you will most likely enjoy.

Watch Firefly first though. The movie make allot more sense.

If it comes back on SciFi it might have a chance. Fox has been open to bringing back shows that have failed in the past. Family Guy, Futurama is suppose to be making a comeback.

6. They have been showing Firefly eps on Universal HD. I am loving it...

And avvie, the production is good. It was not done on the cheap (which is probably part of why Fox canceled it...). It has a fair bit of special FX and none of them look cheesy that I can think of.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

how old is this show?

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

A couple years. Not to old.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Message to Fox execs : Redeem yourselves, bring back this gorram show! :yes:

Hey, has anyone seen the Chinese translations for the show and/or movie?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

These days a show needs to break ratings for it to stay on air longer than 3 weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar