Sanders signs record contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I wouldnt say he deserves the biggest contract ever, but a bunch of players are going to be getting "biggest contracts ever" pretty soon given all the dollars being spent recently.

3. Nine

Nine Starter

Wow....I figured for sure that given his injury history, the Colts would let him walk.

I'd be interested to see how much of it is signing bonus and salary, and how much of it is roster bonuses and performance incentives. After all, coming into this year, Sanders had literally missed half of his career due to injuries....8 games per year.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Wow. He's not even a top 3 safety in the league. How do the colts constantly overpay players, and stay under the cap? Doesn't make sense. They've got the highest paid DE, highest paid QB, highest paid Safety, and probably the highest paid Kicker.
    wtf

Let them spend on guys like this though. Only hurts them in the long run, in 2 different ways. He only plays 50% of the time.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

$20 million is guaranteed.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

His contract is probably structured like Manning's now, meaning base salary will be heavily back-loaded. I personally think the Colts are going to have one hell of a salary cap situation for next season. Sander's signing will cost them, but not much. Manning, however, will just start hitting his back-loaded numbers. It will be interesting to watch unfold anyway. Here's Mannings contract information. They only show base salary.

http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=25927

7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I imagine PM will restructure to allow him to keep some firepower around him. He makes 2-3x his NFL salary in other earnings anyways (TV ads, etc).

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Who do you like better?

His health issues are a concern but, when healthy, I think he's as good as anyone.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I agree with TJ...I don't know of another safety in the league that plays at his level. Not even Reed in Bmore is as good as Sanders...at least in my opinion.

10. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Brian Dawkins (well, he is slowing down), Adrian Wilson, Ed Reed, Kerry Rhodes, and Troy Polamalu are all better than Sanders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar