sample Wonderlic questions

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by nigel, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

2. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

You don't have to be Einstein to score at least a 30 out of 50 on that. How do these guys get into college? and how do they pass classes?

Being a former Division I athlete who graduated with honors, it's sad to see that alot of these prospects (regardless of position) score below 10 or even 20.

3. Schools tend to look the other way when it comes to the academics of their athletes in many cases. As long as they are producing on the field, schools often don't care what goes on in the classroom and are just as happy not to know how they passed their courses as long as they grades don't get them kicked out.

Hell, Dexter Manley somehow managed to "graduate" from a major university without even being literate. That's a very extreme example of the situation, but that doesn't make it untrue.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Conclusions...

I have been studying that list of scores for QB prospects. Here are a few conclusions i have come too.

1. A 6 score would mean that a player is not even literate. The worst score ever was 10 from what i can see. Micheal bishop and jeff george got that.

2. Very few of those players who got extremely high scores amounted to anything. It may true that a player can be too smart.

3. There is no data to indicate that black players should automatically suck on this test. Prag's premise is simply wrong. Of the 17 black prospects that i cited from the list the average score was 19. Only 2 scored less than 15. The notion that a 6 score is just a "bit below average" is moronic!

QBs of note who scored less than 15. Stupid white men?
    Marino-14
    Testeverde-18
    O'donnell-13
    Jeff george-10

5. It's not a matter of a guy being too smart to play QB. I'd say it a matter of a smart guy who is too untalented to play QB. Intelligence is great, but if NFL QBs only had to be smart teams would send scouts to college debate tournaments...

6. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Unless I'm wrong, I do believe 18 is ABOVE 15.. not LESS. Daunte Culpepper got an extremely low result.

Fitzpatrick last year got 50/50.

7. Unless you ask Vince Young...

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Ha

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Post of the week.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Or RollTide...:evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar