Salisbury ranks Titans offseason the worst

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

Well, I don't think we had the greatest offseason, that is no mystery. However, I could not care less what Salisbury says. He is the biggest RICHARD-HEAD on TV. He's a know it all that doesn't know _ _ _ _. Fill in the blanks.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i hope we did!!

check out this guy Joel Filani..could he be this yrs MC.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUTe7mtx0rA

3. dgood

dgood Guest

We can blame MR for this comment....

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I could care less what the talking heads say about us or our off-season. You know what? It only serves to motivate the team. The apparent character guys we drafted and the excess #'s at WR, DB will stiffen competition and making working hard on conditioning, pleasing Coach Fisher and playing tough a requisite to be on the team. And like others have said- the "experts" track record isn't great on draft evaluation anyway.

So bring it on Salisbury and company. Throw some more wood on the fire.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans best defensive player is out for the season and is replaced with a vet not even close to his playmaking ability.

They give up a 1,000 yard rusher and hope a couple of unproven and inexperienced RBs can make up for it.

They give up the two most productive WRs and replace them with Gage and three rookies.

I can see why Salisbury feels as he does.

6. Nash

Nash Starter

Sometimes when you are building a team or when you are working on a specific problem you have to go back a step or 2 to get better..are any of these rookie receivers better than Bennett or Wade right now.. probably not but could they be a LOT better eventually?? I would hope so

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Gunny, do you just enjoy playing the part of the blind optimist?

1. Our best defensive player (and best all around player) is out for the year.
    2. Our 2 best receivers are gone.
    3. Our quarterback has question marks when it comes to accuracy, and now he gets to play with a group of bums. And while yes, we had bums last year, those guys looked like pro-bowlers compared to who we have now.
    4. Travis Henry is gone. Chris Brown is gone. Our answer? Some guy that couldn't even put up decent YPC in a weak division in college. Oh, and a guy that most people think is fat and lazy.
    5. Reynaldo Hill is still starting. No answer there.
    6. Jim Schwartz is still "coaching" the defense.
    7. We had the 2nd most money to spend in the off-season, and we picked up absolutely nobody. Nobody. I refuse to count the burger flippers we gave jerseys to.

So how in the hell could you possibly argue? Stop using the "Oh, because espn and so-called experts say-so, it's true?" lines, because those guys are right more than they're wrong. And even if not, it doesn't take an expert to see that this offseason was horrible. It takes common sense. But hey, some of us don't have that. If you don't, just go on thinking we just picked up 10 tom bradys at their positions.

Mike Reinfeldt took a team that has been rebuilding for the last 2-3 years and made them worse now than they were at the BEGINNING of rebuilding phases.

8. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

you all are all big and dandy being all negative.
    but look at last year's cardinals...
    everyone said, since they had such a great offseason, that they would go to the superbowl, and well last time i checked, they didnt

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

sorry if someone already posted this, but they were saying the same thing most of last season. :)

2 words

Vince Young

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

How many people actually care what ESPN says about us. There too busy talking about all these other teams. Like the Patriots, Colts, etc. The only people who actually know what we need is the people we pay to address those needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar