Salary Cap

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 24, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

I found this great website that details every player's salary.

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/teamdetail.aspx?year=2009&team=31

If you look, there's a lot of money coming off the books after this season with Bulluck, KVB, Harper, Scaife, and Crumpler. Not to mention, players that could be released like Thornton and Collins.

Which brings me to my next point, which is Chris Johnson. When people say good teams build through the draft, it's because they find good players that play higher than their cap value. If CJ wants an extension, give him one, but not for at least another year. He's at his highest value right now, so why pay him when he's most expensive?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

chris johnson is going to be the highest paid running back regardless of when he gets the contract. we should do it this year if there is no salary cap.

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

when his contract is up, we'll be there with our almost insulting offer, while 10 other teams offer him double the money.... i say... lets get down on our knees now, show CJ that the tennessee titans are lookin out for him, let him know that we'll set him strait for life, and hopefully CJ appreciates the good relationship he has with the titans and will stay in nashville for less money

this is the only way to keep CJ passed 2012.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't know about extending CJ's deal but he definitely has earned a nice bonus. I say give him a $5 Million bonus on top of his base salary.

I can't blame him if he wants to get paid, but I just don't want this to turn into a holdout when camp comes rolling around.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We'll let CJ walk when he's as useless as all the others that we let go. Other than Mason...

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

The only thing that would surprise me regarding our FO, is if we signed someone in their prime, that is a playmaker. Letting people walk, roster cuts, practice squad etc..none of that surprises me anymore, it's just like "yep..thats the titans for you".

Even if we do get cj a new deal, it'd be something stupid like 2-3 years, and then we'd just have to do it all over again.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Which player has we let walk that has been a beast for another team? Mason and that's about it?

8. Smudger

Smudger Starter

There are not many more I can think of......Odom perhaps if he can stay fit (which doesn't look likely based on his 2 seasons with the Bengals) and carry on where he left off this season. Not sure I would class him a beast though and with the money they paid him we probably did the right thing.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

we should kindly ask Cj if he would take 5 million for a 5 year deal. 1 million per year.

he has no kids and wife, he dont need to much more $. just enough to eat on and gas money.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh I just remembered one!

Randy Starks is doing pretty good with the dolphins. And Travis Laboy had his typical good 3 games per season when he left.

No real 'greats' though outside of Mason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar