Salary Cap 2009 Discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I've been searching all over the net for our salary cap situation, but all i could find was this website http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp which showed us being 18mil under the cap back in March.

Not much help though since much has happened since then.

What's our salary cap situation right now, and going into the offseason? Will we able to keep who we have on our roster?

Big Al, KVB.. Bulluck. Scaife?
    Their contracts all expire after the season right?

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

TitansCentral has by far the most up to date cap information page.
    http://www.titanscentral.net/2008SALARYCAP.html

Like most though it's not guaranteed to be accurate.Teams don't release all their cap info & it has to be found from the players union site & from compiling data released to the press when a player signs a new contract.

I've tried to keep one myself but it's a nightmare to set one up & maintain it.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Albert
    Collins
    Hentrich
    Carr
    Scaife
    Bironas
    Loper
    Fuller
    Hill
    McCareins
    B. Jones

Bulluck
    KVB
    Mawae
    Harper
    Kearse
    Crumpler
    T. Brown
    White
    Tulloch

I'm sure I've forgotten some of the depth.

Though it's way too early to start talking much about signing, I think we'll see most (if not all) leave to test the free agency waters. I bet the Titans make a serious play for a few of these guys (Scaife, Bironas) but a lot will hinge on who is on the market and if the Titans have a shot at signing Haynesworth.

By 2009, they have to make a tough decision on Bulluck.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think that decision will be made by the end of the 2008 season. we don't have a replacement on the roster right now and if we plan on replacing him after 2009 we better address it during the this year's draft so the young guy has time to learn.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

That's way out of date. It has Finny listed as a FA after this year, which means that it has not been updated since at the latest August or so.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Tulloch continues to improve, that gives the Titans the option of moving him outside and putting Fowler back in the middle.

But that's a long time away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar