Post-Game Thread Saints 38 - Titans 28

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Gotcha. Thanks.
    Like I said....I was seeing a quick highlight at the airport in Dallas so it was up and gone quickly. (I left the game and headed straight for the airport so I missed most all of the post game stuff.)

But I was still there for the Logan Ryan play. Looked like a catch (simultaneous) and fumble/ fumble recovery to me.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think it was close but not a good challenge.

Ryan and Thomas had collective possession but it was actually thomas’s Arm holding it against Ryan’s arm so I don’t think either actually had possession.

There was another play I saw (can’t remember who, might have actually been pit/NYJ game) where the refs called a pass incomplete as a guy had possession in one hand then hit the ground and it popped out as it hit the ground (clearly ground caused). Very similar to Dez Bryant/Calvin Johnson play.
    Whoever the guy was from NY the announcers asked, said it was a clear catch.

Anyone know if the Calvin Johnson rule has been changed as far as maintaining through the fall to the ground?

3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

You have
    You have to remember though...it wasn’t a Patriots receiver

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I generally come home pissed about blown calls in a game the Titans lose and settle down the next day. I am actually angrier today about it.

The refs review every turnover and, even with a review, they didn't make things right. Get it right and the Titans get the ball on the Saints 47 down by only 3 and momentum in their favor.

WTF is the review for if it isn't to get things right? In this instance, the college game does a better job than the NFL.

I guess Vrabel will get a letter of apology this week and Boger gets to keep his job after proving he's incompetent.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

If you offered me a scenario where we had a 'win and in' week 17 to get to the playoffs after being 2-4 I'd have bitten your arm off! That's the main saving grace from yesterday.

The head shot / fumble clearly put the nail in the coffin yesterday. It's been an unfortunate couple of weeks really, as well as that head shot yesterday there was the the false start on the Kamara TD, Correa being held brutally on Cooks TD. Last week the fluky INT was a 14 point swing which changed the game.

We've held our own against the division leaders, hope we play well next week both sides of the ball & get some better fortune of our own.

We are better than Pitt and Oak and 'deserve' to get the playoff spot but we need to now grab the opportunity. We can beat Houston with some of our key players coming back. I think we'll have to win as the chances of both Colts and Steelers losing seems pretty low. I can guarantee if we do sneak in at 9-7 no one will want to play us over Pitt / Oak.

Time to get the job done. TitanUp.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

To be fair, that’s not Bogers call to make. And the review happens in NYC, so the head you’re after is Al Riveron. But I think the NFL is keeping a blatantly incompetent head of officiating to deflect attention from something... I just haven’t figured out what yet. But for Riveron to still have a job after the criticism he’s gotten from his predecessors and retired officials is mindboggling.

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Agree with how it went down, some ref head in NY is who the issue is but Boger and his crew are guilty of a non-call on the spot. Should have been called then anyone in NY can say whatever afterwards about rule enforcement but that was a pretty cut and dry hit that the NFL has been calling for a couple years now.

8. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Titans have won one game when Boogert is the ref ... Last years jets game.

9. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I think they won one other, 2015 Saints game

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Special Teams Standout

This is what I didn’t get about that whole situation it seems as though they didn’t even bother to look at the entirety of the play just whether it was a fumble, how could they watch that play and not see a loaded up head shot ? Whether it was helmet or or shoulder it WAS a head shot and should have been a penalty and they seemed to have blown right by that aspect of the play, makes no sense, especially since they literally mandate guys go under the tent is there is any sort of hit or strike to the head area .... that really smacked of some sort of BS and I wonder because it was the Saints and their unfortunate issue with the Rams last year that maybe they decided to over look a play that could have knocked them out of the hunt for the #1 seed because of it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar