Safety Position...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans10&25, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

I read earlier this week and I can't really remember where that our safety position is looking good and that the players are working really hard to be the starter for this upcoming season. In this article it said that Calvin Lowry has really been looking good and been showing LT up.. I looked up some info on Lowry and it's not too bad.

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=3899&type=scoutingreport#scouting

Hopefully, Lowry will be the one to step up and take over the safety position and actually be good at it. From the info about him he is the exact opposite of LT and is what we need due to his explosiveness and speed. What do you think?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

A blind, deaf and dumb quadriplegic could show up LT on the field.

Still want Vinny Fuller to win the job. (Well I would prefer Griffin but that is another story)

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, I could go with either Fuller or Lowry. Fisher seems to really like Vinny - mentions him a lot, so I'm thinking he may win out. Who knows about Griffin, but if he can learn to cover I love the idea of having him as neither - put him on the field and let Peyton guess what he's going to be. Could be very effective. We'll have to see if he can do it.

But yea, in a pretty quiet way we've gone from a pretty bad secondary to at least a decent one. If Griffin and either Lowry or Fuller step up we could have a pretty mean secondary. Sounds like Fish wants an aggressive secondary, so we should expect them to get burned for big plays every so often. If they come up with their own big plays, then it's all good.

4. well when pacman gets back and we move griffin back to saftey then we will have an amazing secondary with tons of playmaking ability

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

oh yea - Hope, Jones, Griffin and Harper. That's sounding scary good. Not to mention some of the young guys that might emerge like Finnegan.

6. exactly ive been wanting our secondary to look like this ever since we drafted griffin
    CB - Pacman
    CB - Finnegan
    FS - Hope
    SS - Griffin

those are both the natural positions of hope and griffin

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

We should get Oliver in the supplemental and then our Secondary would be amazing.

Even if Pac's suspension gets shortened his future here is still in question. Plus the fact he is going to be rusty and not quite in football form.

With Oliver I feel safe about our secondary I mean he shutdown CJ and has very good size and speed.

If Pac gets dumped........you never know we would be okay with Oliver if he turns out to be a stud like projected.

CB-Harper
    CB-Oliver
    NB-Finnegan
    FS-Griffin
    SS-Hope

Then once Pac comes back he can practice until he is a bit more ready then put him in and our top 2 CB's going into next season are Pac and Oliver......not bad with Harper as our 3rd Hill our 4th.

Finnegan and Smith will be our NB's.

Our S's:

Hope, Griffin, Scott, and Lowry.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Oliver?

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Paul Oliver CB from Georgia entered the supplemental draft because he was ruled academically ineligable for the season.

He was most likely the top CB in next years draft and a 1st rounder atleast. He's got good size at 6'0 about 205 lbs. maybe a bit more and is said to run in the low 4.3's. He had a good year last year and stpeed up against top WR like when he held CJ to 2 catches for 13 yards. I'd give a second rounder for him.

10. i dont understand why people want to keep finnegan at nb hes so much better than the other cbs besides pac

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar