Ruston Webster doing a great job so far.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I went back and looked on YouTube for vidoes on all of our day 2 draftees and this is what I came up with:
    Justin Hunter- man can he be special if he stops trying to catch the ball with his body! Big play ability and makes some spectacular catches, but drops some easy ones. He is a really good route runner and pretty good after the catch as well. Not quite Patterson or Austin level but he is no scrub wth the ball in his hands. Should be a good red zone threat and a deep ball guy as well. Loads of potential

Blidi Wreh-Wilson- Tall and lanky who will never lead the league in picks but will be among the best in passes defended. Didn't play a whole lot of press at UConn but has the body and makeup to be a press man to man guy. OK tackler, he gets low but he doesn't finish his tackles well. Does have the tendency to get beat on double moves, but potential is there to be a solid CB.

Zavier Gooden- The speed is obvious and fun to watch. He is very good in coverage, although he never seems to bat the ball down or get his hands up. He doesn't necissarily look lost but just like he is thinking more than reacting on the field at times. But if I heard correctly he hasn't been playing LB all that long (I believe he was recruited as a S and RB). Pretty good tackler, not a big hitter, but he will bring the guy down. Does tend to overrun some plays, and doesn't really have any pass rush moves. Definetely a 3rd down LB at worst, but if he can gain some instincts and just react instead of think then he could be something special.

I know a lot of people are upset about not getting a DE or DT, but I do think our defense has gotten better over the past two days. Our offense should stay on the field longer, that's number one, and number two is if Wilson can step up and become a starter that will push Verner to the nickel (where everyone knows he belongs). Lastly, we got a guy who can cover TE's, RB's, and maybe even slot guys. Now we have 3 LB's that are pretty good in coverage and one that is a pass rusher. That should help out our secondary as well. Not to mention that all of our young guys should improve from last season. I'm excited about this team again.

2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Alex Okafor would be a great pick for the Titans in the 4th round.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Bleedy Ray is a sweet name.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think people are getting too caught up on the 3-4 vs. 4-3 thing.

The Titans are becoming what most of the good defenses in the NFL are now: multiple. Not 3-4 and not 4-3. A hybrid that isn't identifiable by either term and can send pressure from anywhere. IMO it's the best approach to defense.

I really like this draft so far. Getting a good DE in the 4th round would put it over the top.

5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Another great pick there by Ruston in Brian Schwenke. Has a chance to start right off the bat.

6. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

IT ALL STARTS IN FA. FILL NEEDS THERE; YOU CAN GO AFTER TALENT IN THE DRAFT.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

CAPS LOCK ON! POWER RANGERS GOOOOOOO!!!

Lol sorry sorry...

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

hey the Titans discovered that they play FOOTBALL in the SEC-SEC-SEC!!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar