Runningback the league's most over rated position!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

So when a running back has a good season, the position is overrated if someone that bad can come in and put up numbers like Fargas did, but when a tackle has a good season, he was just previously underrated? Gotcha.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well there is some truth to that
    Chris Brown is a pretty good RB really, there's evidence in some of the games where he had 100 yards rushing at halftime and so on
    LenDale White is a pretty good RB, there's evidence in the 50+ TD's he had as a #2 RB on the same team as Reggie Bush at USC

you can't just plug any RB into the position and get the same results UNLESS they fit your particular style or you make adjustments to it. Shanahan does a good job of getting the right guys for the spot, but it doesn't mean they can all go elsewhere and keep right on trucking

I'm interested in seeing how Jeff and Mike script an attack using a bruiser and a cruiser, because the 'style' calls for a bruiser for the most part

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm gonna agree that CB is overrated to a degree, but I'll add that it's also one of the most important positions

you could really make the overrated argument for several positions
    for instance, on offense
    QB: a few mediocre QB's have won Super Bowls / great ones have not
    WR: teams like Green Bay and New England have had success without stars

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Of course you can and denver is a good example of that. Every team runs the same 4 or 5 basic running plays. Counter trap, toss, blast play and the stretch play.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

CB over rated? Maybe in a cover 2 defense but honestly other than the MLB i don't think any defensive position can be over rated. I just wish we had made a bigger committment to that position in the draft but i guess we have to hope this williams kid works out.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

It's impossible to cover a NFL WR for more than 5 seconds. The goal of the CB is just to hold him off until the D line gets to the QB.

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I think RBs get a lot of attention because of fantasy football

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

heck yeah!

9. So what...are you calling Reggie Bush overrated? He was the sickest RB at USC.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Very overrated. He hasn't done squat in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar