Run Vince! Run!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Did anyone else notice on that last pick he forced, the entire left side of the field was wide open? He could of walked in. Do what you do best Vince. WIN GAMES!

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he ran to the right because it was a designed sprint out to that side. i didn't really like the call either. why cut the field in half to the short side?

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I was thinking the exact same thing! It put him in traffic, and he made a bad decision. I wish he could have bootlegged the other way, it would have been a lot clearer.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Have we run a bootleg at all recently? It amazes me that we keep sticking with that silly fake handoff from the shotgun, which isn't fooling anyone anymore. Just once I'd like to see a bootleg to the weak side in the redzone. Send Scaife across the middle to give him a safety valve if the defense jumps the QB keeper.

5. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

I've seen some of those horrid looking double bootlegs and then they have worked.... Actually I think it is very strange, I've never seen anything like it before in the NFL or heck maybe even college.

6. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

I'm with you, I think the playcalling has been down right weak and uninventive. I see the same things that don't work being done over and over again and really no adjustments being made.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

There was talk on George Plaster today that Vince made comments after the game that he didn't think the coaching staff trusted him to make plays.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

From the sounds of it, it may be true.

VY played very well in the Saints MNF game, since then he has struggled. From what the majority of you guys are saying, it sounds like the offense is really restricted and they do not trust VY to make plays.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Really it is a catch 22. IMO, for better or worse the coaching staff needs to let VY have those opportunities. Just like the bonehead move to call time out with 12 seconds so Fisher could get 3 points. What difference did that make in the game in hind sight. What it did was possibly make the QB question his confidence and the confidence of the coaches in his ability.

Realistically just about any decent NFL QB can win when you have a solid defense and running game. What happens when the defense isn't playing that great and the running game craps out? In hindsight I thought VY in the shot gun slinging the ball was the way to go and except for the turnovers VY wasn't terrible (if you watched the 49ers you get a whole new perspective on terrible). I'd keep playing that way while mixing in the run and truthfully even if we missed the playoffs it would be better to have VY maturing as a QB than "hiding" him behind 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar