Rules you'd change

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Finnegan2win, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

doesn't have to be, get rid of it

you run past LOS you can get hit same as every other player in the game

**** off with this babysitting ****

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’m ok with that too, this is suggesting get rid of the slide option.

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Yep, first rule that needs to be adjusted is the QB slide. QB’s take advantage of it by literally waiting until the very last second to start sliding. The rule should be until you’ve completely given yourself up, you can get hit just like any other ball carrier. If the QB doesn’t want to get hit, then you better slide a couple of yards before the defender.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. GoTitans10

GoTitans10 Starter

I was going to say this if someone else didn't. Ridiculous rule.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no... fumbling the ball - especially out of the endzone - should not be rewarded by giving ball back to incompetent O

rule is fine... dont want D to have the rock.. keep control of the rock. 100% on the O

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  6. GoTitans10

GoTitans10 Starter

The fumble rule just seems inconsistent. If the incompetent O fumbles out of bounds on the 5 yard line, they get the ball back at the 5 yard line (or spot of the fumble). However, if the incompetent O fumbles it out of bounds in the end zone, they lose possession. Huge difference. Are there any other rules or even penalties that result in a possession change?

I know that realistically, this almost never happens so the discussion is mostly academic....it just seems odd to me.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Consider it like this using war as the comparison.
    A team gets the ball attempting to enter the opponents house.
    If you lose the special weapon needed to make taking their home worth while, into their house, you’re not getting it back. You lost control into the opponents house.

perfectly good rule, no change required.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree about the oddity of it... what could be an answer... give O ball at 25 ... which is still in FG range?

9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I wouldn’t mind fumbling out of bounds being a turnover honestly.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

coin flip... not like O posessed ball.. but neither did D

• Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar