Roydell Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Sure Collins has misfired on several passes, but if Williams knew how to run an out to the first down marker, then Collins would have completed that big 3rd and 13 in the 3rd quarter - when it was still 10-10. He threw a rope right past the marker on the sideline. Right where a receiver running and out on third down should have been.

All I'm saying is that it's not all Collins' fault. He actually played well yesterday. The Scaife fumble and the Williams pattern were not his fault.....and they were two big plays.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I can buy into 50% of that statement.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

But the TD in that sense had little to do with Collins. He got bailed out big time by Scaife on that diving one handed TD catch. Collins missed wide open guy by a mile. Balls were not even close to the mark. The last pick that Bennett tipped up was another example of Collins bad passing. Bennett has to make a play of that ball or he just did the exact same thing he did in the Jets game. Now he tries to get the ball and it is so badly thrown his efforts send it up in the air and it gets picked.

Young needs to start. Collins is washed up!

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Collins has experience, Collins is great, Collins knows how to throw the ball, Collins is the MAN...ok enough I am about ready to :barf: dang TJ sorry about that, I will clean it up

I stopped in and had a beer with Broken Record yesterday on my way back from Damascus. GLinks stopped in and joined us. Nice meeting you.

5. Collins was fine yesterday. Not great, but good enough to get the win...

6. TitanJeff

I agree. But I see "fine" and "well" as two different things.

He left a lot on the field. He missed Drew too often when he was wide open.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think he's perfectly acceptable for the moment. I think we'll see a little improvement out of him in terms of timing and familiarity, and that's all we can ask. Vince will be ready by season's end anyway, I think Collins will be acceptable until then. This team needs to learn how to win in the face of adversity. At the least, Collins can provide that part...

8. TitanJeff

Fisher named him the starter Sunday so let's hope the improvement continues.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

:huh:I take it your being sarcastic & you mean fine as in 'a fine mess'.

If not I'd hate to see who you view as a fine looking woman :neener:

10. well another big play that got called back was pacmans pr for a td cause of another friggen block in the back by a rookie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar