Roydell officially fighting for his job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by reo, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I've read that his ankle in fact isn't going to get any better until he has surgery to remove the screws. He is going to have to be able to play through the pain if he wants to really contribute. If that's the case, the fact that he only could make it through a half dozen or so plays before hitting the trainer's table isn't a good sign. If he can't play now, considering he's a free agent after the year, placing him on IR really wouldn't make any sense.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Hey, Courtney Roby and Ben Troupe are going to be available soon. :ha:

Troupe hasn't done a thing during the preseason, and while Roby has caught a couple of balls, JAG wideout Devin Aromashodu catching a 94 yard pass on Sunday night doesn't help his cause (Roby had 1 catch for 8 yards)

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He had a heck of a return though :)

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I didn't see that. Good for Roby. Goofy stat line though; two kick returns for a total of 47 yards... including a 66 yard return. How the heck did he manage to lose 19 yards on his other run back?

5. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

:werd:

I'm not sure he is gone, but this whole situation just bothers me. Put the guy on IR. Let him get healthy and when he comes back you have another decent receiver - which for this team is huge.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We can also put him on PUP for six weeks, right? I don't think this is really a question of being good enough to make the team, it's a timeline for his recovery. I don't think there's any question that if he was 100% he'd have a job locked up.

7. reo

reo Starter

He was already put on PUP and taken off. That means he can't be put back on.

Putting him on IR makes no sense b/c he'd be done for the season and he'll be an FA next year.

His ankle isn't getting any better until the screws are taken out at the end of the season. If he can't play through the pain now then he won't be able to in a couple months when its the same. If he can't play through the pain then he's no good to the titans this year and since he's an FA next year, theres no point in keeping him around for a year if he can't play.

cut him and use the spot for someone else.

8. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Why did they take him off the PUP list to begin with? Why should they cut their best or second best receiver? They screwed up on this one.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm a bit confused with the PUP and IR designations. I thought you could put someone on the IR for a period of time. If it is for the full season, then the only reason the Titans would do that would be to continue to have his right so they could work out a contract with him (one-year, vet minimum).

10. reo

reo Starter

B/c his ankle isn't getting any better until they take the screws out at the end of the season. 6 more weeks wouldn't do anything. He has to play through pain. If he can't then he's done.

And if Roydell was our best WR, then we'd be in serious trouble imo.

If someone is put on IR then he's done for the season. You can't take him off. Roydell won't be put on IR.

Would you extend a player that had 1 decent season in 4 years and is coming off an injury that sidelined him for the entire season?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar