Royal Flushes Chargers To AFC West Septic Tank

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The Chargers lost because they gave up 31 points in the first half. :shocked: Turner wants to make it about a couple of blown calls... well, Norv, I've got news for you pal... bad calls are part of the game and officiating crews are not partial. (unless of course it's the Colts) ;)

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the chargers still had an opportunity to stop them inside the five and then when the broncos went for two. yeah, hochuli blew the call, but the chargers still had a chance to win the game.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

And Cutler did all this with very little talent at the skill position players. Sure, Marshall is a stud now, with Royal emerging but that is because they have a top tier QB throwing to them. The kid is nasty, and I will forever wish he had a T-flame on his helmet :(

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

im glad they lost, they knocked us out of the playoffs last season, youre not a titans fan if you feel sorry for the luck.

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

SEC - I'm sorry but this ain't soccer. Bad calls may be part of the game, but that is what challenges are for. Ask yourself how you would feel if those were the Titans instead.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I played Madden with Eddie Royal.. :)

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

sarcasm?

brandon marshall had 1300 yards last year and tony scheffler is no slouch at tight end.

look at his highlights from YESTERDAY'S game, we're lucky to have that many great catches in a season.

http://www.nfl.com/players/brandonmarshall/profile?id=MAR370922

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If Vine was given a 4th round pick from Central Florida or wherever Marshall came from, he would not have 1300 yards...and after he failed as a Titans receiver, we'd be calling for front office's head asking to bring in a REAL receiver. I said he is a stud, but that is because he has a QB who can bring the best out in him. Would he have 1300 yards with Vince as his QB? Absolutely not, which is what I was getting at - if the Titans drafted Marshall, Royal, and had Selvin Young as our RB, I have no doubts that he would not succeed, and fans would be questining those picks wondering why we don't use 1st round picks on receivers. Moral of the story, we need a young pocket passer to grow with young receivers, ie Brady Quinn?

I can see why no big receiver wants to come to TN. They would hurt any chance at getting into the hall of fame with Vince as their "leader"

9. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Another thread about something completely unrelated to Vince Young, another nate42104 post ripping Vince Young. Imagine that...

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Who do you blame for equipment malfunctions? Hoc made a bad call on the fumble. But rules are rules. There was a whistle. As for challenges... sorry... the equipment was not available. That is not Hoc's fault. I'd hate it if it were the Titans, but it ain't and the Chargers are a bunch of arrogant pr!cks and they deserve to get the short end. Bad calls happen and Hoc is still one of the very best. Hoc always has to be right. Well, he's human. These players botch alot more plays than he does calls so they need to shut up. This stuff evens itself out. So if the Chargers were going to win they just should have stopped the 2pt. conversion. It was all or nothing for the donks and I think Shanahan showed incredible courage with that call. I absolutely love the fact that the decision to go for two was made from the beginning of the drive. That's awesome. Cutler went into the huddle 1st and 10 on their own 20 and told his guys they were going to go for two after they score. That's awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar