Roy Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh. Are you serious?

1,310 (4th in the league) yards averaging 16 yac (the best among wrs with more than 50 receptions), and 7 TDs. Please tell me you just had some sort of brain fart and accidentally posted that.

2. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

when reading this i just assumed roy williams had great years throughout his career, he only had one good year the rest are like how justin gages will end up this year. 700-800 yards except he had more tds

3. Deuce Wayne

Keep in mind he's been on a team with one of the worst offensive lines in the league for about 5 years straight. Kitna is the most sacked qb in the league right now. Pass protection has been that offenses main problem, and Quinn got the boot because of it. (not that he didn't suck anyway)

4. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Then you should keep in mind that Boldin and Fitz also have a crappy pass blocking oline to work with and they are both opposite a pro bowler taking away TDs and catches.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well thats one good year.

Now compare Boldin and Fitz and Johnson and Holt.

6. Deuce Wayne

Actually, AZ's pass protection is pretty good. Way better than detroits.
    AZ has only given up 17 sacks this year.
    Detroit?

Try again.

7. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

So you are just going off of sacks given up to determine how good at pass blocking a line is? WHat about QBs who hold onto the ball way too long? Like David Carr. Matt Schaub isnt having the sack problem as Carr did.

Watch a game.

8. Deuce Wayne

Your "watch the games" rebuttal is destroying my numbers, facts, and stats.

So I give up. You win. 51 sacks vs 17 doesn't mean one OL is waaay better than the other, you're right. I should watch games. That's what I'm going to start doing. Watching games. Brilliant.

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Well, maybe if you watched games you would soon realize that
    1. passing the ball more often will inevitable = more sacks

2. Jon Kitna holds onto the ball longer than Leinart and Warner do

The Lions o-line isnt good at pass blocking, but neither was the Cards for the past few years, and now this year they are improving.

Your "facts" and "numbers" dont tell the whole story. So yeah, maybe you should indeed watch a freakin game.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

"cat fight!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar