Roy Williams and Shaun Rodgers on the trading block

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tonye209, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I said at the beginning of the season, I wonder which WR Detroit will release that we could sign. We have had very good luck with x-Detroit WRs, Wade & Gage. Maybe that luck would continue.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

wade and gage were chicago wrs.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I haven't thought of it this way but:

Sending Pac to the Lions would be worse punishment to him than 2 years of suspenion.

Detroit: The NFL graveyard for everyone but Barry Sanders.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Maybe Starkiller can jump in here and answer this but I believe any bonus money which was spread out for rest of Pacman's contract immediately has to be paid if he is traded.

Anyone know this amount?

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Here are his contract details (from when he signed)

It is a five-year contract worth approximately $16 million with $13.63 million guaranteed. If he reaches certain benchmarks via incentives and escalators, the contract could be worth up to $29 million. Jones received a signing bonus of $2 million, along with a $1.57 million roster bonus for 2005. He's scheduled to collect a $5.63 million option bonus if the team adds the fifth year (2009) next spring. At that time, his salaries from 2006 to 2008 would become guaranteed, along with a portion of his 2009 salary. Jones is scheduled to earn base salaries of $230,000 this year, $842,500 in 2006, $1.29 million in 2007 and $1.74 million in 2008. His salary for 2009 is scheduled for $2.19 million, and $322,500 of the salary is slated to become guaranteed if the team picks up the option. And there can be more money earned if he reaches incentives.

The 2007 - 2009 salaries all slip a year. He has a very small pro-rated signing bonus, but the fact that his salaries for the next 2+ years are guaranteed (along with the option bonus - which I presume is prorated) would make it a significant cap hit to us if we were to trade him (as I understand it). On the flip side, his contract is certainly attracive to any prospective trade partner.

6. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Shaun Rogers did not dominate like Albert did. I watched a couple lions games, and that is a fact. That said, Rogers is a great player. He is one of my favorite Longhorns of all time - same *type* of player as Haynesworth. Has weight problems, but he would be a fantastic pickup if the price is right. We badly need DT depth.

Roy is just the kind of WR we need. He can get open down the field and beat DBs 1-on-1. He is a little injury-prone.

I would love to grab either or both of these guys.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Yea right, Roy will come to the Titans and see his career fur like every other WR.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I meant career "die", not fur!

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

[​IMG]

10. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I would give up a couple of draft picks-maybe even a 1 and 2 for these guys. It would be an enormous offseason to welcome Pac Man back and add Roy and Rogers. We would have very few weaknesses to address with those additions-although I would still welcome upgrades/depth on OL and 2nd RB.

Get it done!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar