Roughing the Passer?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

Surely you're not comparing those two calls? One was a horrible...horrible call on Ray for being blocked to the ground, and rolling into the QB.

The other, was 3 Steelers flipping a quarterback onto his neck. Trust me, I had those calls just as much as the next guy. Face it, if Brady never would have gotten hurt it wouldn't be a penalty today. I just don't understand, how rolling into a QB can be a penalty, but being flipped by three playerss isn't. If you want to make both legal, go for it! Just hard to believe the first is a penalty, and the second isn't.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No it's another called where Palmer got tackled cleanly right after throwing a pass.

3. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I was furious about this last night when I went to bed and I woke up and was even more mad about it. Then had a convo with a dumb Steelers fan who told me the hit was perfectly fine and legal because it was a rivalry game! I said do you realize that hit could have broken Vinces neck and possibly ended his career? His answer... Well you have to do what you have to do and if you have to break someones neck oh well, its football. he said Vince is paid to take hits like that. Didnt know they pay people to take illegal hits

I hate the Steelers and their idiot fans. He also said give me a quarter of a million dollars and I would let three guys slam me on my neck. So I was thinking about starting a slam a stupid steeler fan fund.lol

Lets Go Titans!! Cant wait for the Giants next week

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

You are learning Grasshopper. Nourish the stooler hate and it will serve you well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah it's one thing if they would have just taken him to the ground but you can't freaking lift his leg and slam him like hulk hogan. That shouldn't fly for any player let alone a QB when you can get a flag for just touching a helmet

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

This sack was one of the angriest moments I've ever had watching a football game. It was ridiculous that they can pick him up and slam him down on his neck and the refs don't even consider a flag.

7. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

I was watching the Rams vs Raiders game on REDZONE. Rolando McClain did the same to Amendola and got a 15 yard penalty. I couldn't believe a WR got a call that a QB couldn't/didn't...

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I just wanna know were the refs even watching? I cringed after that hit. It was tough to watch. So how could you see that play right in front on you and just say, ok nothing wrong with that.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It looked like the Legion of Doom got ahold of him

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Someone tell Roos to block and there wont be a problem. Damn the line looked pathetic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar