Roos wants top five LT money

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Word. I just recall when we drafted him, he hadn't been playing long and didnt know much about the game. He just knew to push people over. lol

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's Russian, he'd know how to push people over in Spatsneskivic.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Sign him up NOW.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He's not Russian, he's Estonian. Several people have said that, and he'd be incredibly insulted if someone called him Russian to his face.

People say that he hasn't made the pro-bowl, but I don't think anyone under 25 makes it at the tackle positions. It's one of those that people generally don't get recognized for until they've done it for 5-10 years. Plus, there are so many older big names that are more likely to get the recognition. If you've seen Roos getting blown by, you've been watching some other team. Sure, he's given up a few sacks, but overall he does an excellent job, and he's young and improving. I'd much rather keep Roos than Haynesworth.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Tomato - Tomatoe. They were once all one big happy family.

Someone called him KVB when he was signing after the Colt game when I was over.

6. They were a big family, but not exactly happy...

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I know. It was sarcasm. Hidden away behind the Iron Curtain, coulda swum to Finland though.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

wiki-wink

The left tackle (LT) is usually the team's best pass blocker. Of the two tackles, the left tackles will often have better footwork and agility than the right tackle in order to counter-act the pass rush of defensive ends. Most quarterbacks are right-handed and in order to throw, they stand with their left shoulders facing downfield, closer to the line of scrimmage. Thus, they turn their backs to defenders coming from the left side, creating a vulnerable blind spot that the left tackle must protect. ;)

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

"DT" not "RT". ;)

Reason I asked was that DTs seem to command a bigger signing bonus or guaranteed money than LTs even though I think most would agree your top five LTs are paid more, and valued more, than your top five DTs.

I think it may have to do with recent contracts (as SK pointed out) than anything else.

10. Yes, just wait for a few Pro Bowl LTs to get their next contracts. We'd better sign Roos before that happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar