Roos wants top five LT money

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about when we discuss the long-term impact of money spent in free agency and how misleading the Titans cap room is. Roo's agent is wanting a deal done and is already threatening to not give the Titans a chance to sign him once the season begins.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080313/SPORTS01/80313077/1027

And he wants top five LT money which may mean his deal will be MORE than what Haynesworth ends up with. The franchise tag for OT is $7.455 mil to the DT $6.363 mil.

Add this to the top DT money Haynesworth will want settled before July 15 and the likely top 10-15 RT money Stewart will command (who will also probably want set before the regular season) and you have three very high-priced free agents.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Very good point. Let's hope this does not get ugly...

3. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

o wow, the way i see this, everything might landslide. Roos deserves the money, so does albert, but them and KVB are the only ones on either line o or d that deserve that kinda money. I hope noone else comes charging in with the same bs

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It's called personnel management. Everybody wants more money, especially if they value themself (which everybody does) worth as much as somebody commanding the big bucks.

IMO, this could have been handled a long time ago to avoid the escalation. The market is what it is- so Roos, AH and Stewart should get what the market dictates now. Nobody knows the numbers, but I'd bet that MR's waiting to lock these deals up cost the organization more.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We knew this day was coming shortly after he was drafted. It was the whole reason they wanted a four-year deal in the first place. Trying to sign him last year wouldn't have made a difference. They only would have turned it down to see how things developed further down the road.

I know it's business, but I really don't like those types of ultimatum letters. Then the dude pins it on Roos -- "It's his fault. He made me do it! Waaaaah! Give me money to make him stop!"

If we give him one of those 7-year $50M deals, that'd be okay I suppose. Either that or lose him.

Now watch the Titans go OT in round one. j/k (that would be sad)

6. Roos won't get more than Haynesworth (assuming they each get a long tern deal). Haynesworth would be the #1 DT while Roos would be a top LT but not nearly the top. But both will get a ton.

Dallas re-signed Flozell Adams before free agency to a 6-year deal for $43M with $15M guaranteed. Roos will probably get something close to that.

I say give it to him. Left tackles don't exactly grow on trees.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

For everyone dying for MR to dish out the big bucks....heeeeere they come! (And well worth it, in my opinion)

8. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

roos is a wall, whatever needs to be done to keep him here, I'm all for

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

lets sign him. He's too good to let go.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

before i say wat im bout to say...i just want to let ya all know that i too want him signed no doubt even if it must be that high. but givin top LT money to a player only inthe league for 3 yrs is a little much.

sure u prob be thinking bout the whole rookie contract situation...thats more of an excuse than a reason to sign roos to such a deal so early. thats wrong...n this is similar i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar