Roos > Hopkins??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Still, the fact we are enven having this conversation speaks extremely well for Roos. A second round pick, only in his second year and 1st year at LT and we are comparing him to a guy who was a foundation at LT for this franchise for many years. I would bet many other teams would be more than happy to have a LT of his ability. Great pick Reese.

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I agree it's too early to compare careers with BHop but I have to say I've really been happy with Roos and Stewart as book ends.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Whoa nelley....that is a very big statement to make.

I like him but I don't think we've see the best of 'him' yet. He wasn't too hot when he was protecting a sitting duck(KFC) at the start of the season.

Vince has made things easier for his linemen by being more mobile.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

You used stats to make a point, so look back to 1997 and you'll see that Brad Hopkins had only allowed 2 sacks that year, 6 penalties, and 3 false starts. Lets not forget that VY has only been sacked 19 times this season compared to the 31 sacks McNair took in 97.

So it wouldn't be right to say that Roos is currently having a better than any of Hopkins' years.

Roos is an excellent athlete and I'm glad we have him on our roster, but your opinion about him being better then Hopkins isn't 100% accurate.

His stats are arguably better than last year, however he still has another 2 games to play until the end of the season. I see him being big, but it'll be tough to say he'll be better than Brad Hopkins.

5. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Opinions are not meant to be 100% accurate my friend. They are only opinions. Obviously, Roos has a long way to go, but he's had a spectacular year.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Didn't he only sign a modest 3 year deal? Maybe they try to lock him up early? I think he's been good, not elite, but very solid. No doubt he's better than the recent Hoppy years.

And we didn't have to spend an early 1st round pick on him :yes:

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

LOL, Im 27.. I have only watched football for 20 years....

I've watched Hopkins since he was a Titan. He's never really impressed me. Roos has for what it's worth.

I'm not saying BHop was bad... I know better, I just think when its all said and done, Roos would have had the better career.

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

He was a 2nd round pick, isnt that standard issue 4 year contract?

9. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Titans wanted 5, but Roos got a 4 year deal in the end.

10. Looks like it will pay off for him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar