Roos extended

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rolltide called it pretty close, i said $7M per.

With stewart we are looking at a 6 year $36M deal.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like the way they structured the deal giving us the bigger cap hit this year and a smaller SB to be prorated over the 6 years. Roos will count $7M against the cap this year......

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Tell me you're not speaking in the third person. titanbuoy does not approve :shake:

:)) :moon2: :))

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

For those who think MR is just always cheap... Nice to hear he's willing to pay when it's deserved. He couldn't have done this if he hadn't been cheap with the ones who didn't deserve it. Still want to see Stewart and AH, but I'm pretty confident that's coming. Thank God the draft is finally here. I hate the offseason.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This was a significant move. Great value, great cap allocation, and now we've got a left tackle for at least six years. If they can get a deal done with Stewart and Albert, I'll be completely satisfied.

6. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Long would be better at RT, Roos has him beat at LT IMO.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

kinda funny it took reinfeldt about three years to make walter jones the highest paid tackle in the league, but just about two months to make roos the third highest paid in the league.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:bsflag:

9. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Roos Agrees to 6-Year, $43M Deal

SUMMARY: On the eve of the 2008 NFL Draft, the Titans locked up a key positions as OT Michael Roos agreed to a six-year contract extension worth $43 million. The 6-foot-7, 315-pounder who was a second-round draft pick by the Titans in 2005 out of Eastern Washington will become the third-highest-paid tackle in the league. "He is a low-key guy and it takes an awful lot to get him excited, but he is smiling," agent Cameron Foster said. "The beauty of this is I didn't have to twist any arms to make the Titans realize his value. They were pretty much fair out of the blocks and this contract makes Michael the third-highest-paid tackle, behind Orlando Pace (Rams) and Walter Jones (Seahawks)."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Casual fans might make that determination. Coaches know which player and position is most important.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar