Rookie QB impact... ramifications for McNair?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

man some people want to wear rose colored glasses on here about McNair.

The Titans need to draft a QB with 3rd pick this yr. If they draft Young, McNair will redo his contract ,if they draft Leinart or Cutler, McNair is gone. I don't want to carry any dead money for Mcnair the next 2,3,4 yrs. This will be the last yr for that so let the cutting and bleeding begin.

Your QB has to practice each week to have chemistry with the WR's. Sure he had some with Bennett but he didn't have any with the rookies. Volek had more chemistry with them because he practiced with them.
    Lets face it McNair couldn't hit the broadside of a barn this yr. He either threw behind, way in front, in the ground or over their head. But yet that was the rookies fault..give me a break.

Time for Mcnair to move on, time to look to the future and begin that with a new QB. Let Volek play this yr, let the rookie start some games also. Next yr it will be the rookie to shine. It has been done before and it has worked. It all starts with the first step. the first step is drafting a QB with our #3pick

2. h4t

h4t Starter

I have to at least partly agree with Ewker here. McNair was pretty bad last year, and I watched every game. I have never seen him miss so many passes by so much. If that was the best he can now do, I don't feel strongly about keeping him except as a courtesy for his past heroics. I do think, though, that he can do better, and am willing to give him another shot. He is really the only hope we have to have a decent year. But we must draft a QB #1 this year, or the future success of this franchise is in serious jeopardy. The last thing we need is Brick, Hawk, or Williams. Let's get real here.

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Mcnair's not going anywhere. If we turn this team over to a rook we are gauranteed to suck. Neither Floyd nor Fish can afford to have another season like the last two. There has to be some improvement fast. If they were going to let a rook take over they wouldn't have been as active in free agency as they have.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:wink2:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Titan Jeff's interview with John McClain

TJ-How do you feel the Steve McNair contract situation will be resolved and what terms and amount can he expect in a new contract if one is reached?

At Steve's age and with his injury history -- not to mention his work habits -- he should be happy to get a few million a year. Right now, his one-year deal with a $23 million cap figure won't do. If he and agent Bus Cook don't come to their senses, I don't think he'll be back. I think Billy Volek will be starting and grooming the quarterback they take with the third pick in the draft. Steve's made enough money. He better not delude himself into thinking he's going to get richer on the open market, even if desperate teams like the Raiders and Vikings would check him out. I'd hate to see McNair sign with another team, but he's got to be realistic with his age and injury history.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

we haven't sucked the last 2 yrs with McNair as QB?

what difference does it make if we suck this yr with a rookie/Volek as QB or McNair as QB...none!!!! we will still suck..so go with the youth movement

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar