Rolling Stones vs Rush CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 28, 2016.

?

BAND WARS RD1: Rolling Stones vs Rush

Poll closed Feb 29, 2016.
  1. Rolling Stones

44.0%
  2. Rush

56.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I was mostly referring to Fry, but this too

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Re: the Trees: Yeah...lyrically it's "Atlas Shrugged" in 8 quatrains

Actually a LOT of old Rush was Ayn Rand set to music. "2112" was "Anthem" (the book); "Tom Sawyer" was John Galt; "Anthem" (the song) was Rand's treatise on art and objectivism; "Red Barchetta" was an extension of "2112"; etc... (yes, I know about 'A Nice Morning Drive')

#23 avvie, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

5. avvie

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You are the cabinet builder! Perfect for you

7. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

Rush hands down....

8. Wildwar

Wildwar Starter

Rush for life!

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

10. avvie

Oof...I tried to follow them past Power Windows on up until Counterparts but I just could not accept the new 64-track dream pop sound. Individually, each player had some great guitar, bass and drum tracks but the whole thing mixed together with all those 'verby keyboards and more adolescent lyrical content was enough to make me let go. Presto was particularly bad this way....even had the kick drum mixed to come through the midrange speakers rather than the woofers.
    Counterparts saw them move away from this dream pop formula to gain favor with the grunge scene of the time but the songs just weren't very good. Then Vapour Trails happened....and anyone who follows the recording industry knows that Vapour Trails is a historical landmark for bad recording.
    @CRUDS likes to bash on me for being a Rush fan- and I let him do it because he needs an outlet- but I'm not an unconditional fan by any means. I liked material from Fly By Night up through Exit..Stage Left. After that there may have been a few songs I liked for one reason or another but there's no way I could recommend anything from Signals (1982) all the way up till now. Like, nothing. All thise guys had made their mark and been influential and the world moved on....but without them you'd have no Primus or Tool or any of the other alternative rock that isn't from Seattle.

#30 avvie, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar