Rolando McClain: Dumbest Man in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you are black. I've been pulled over for no reason in Nashville twice wearing a flatbrim where they couldn't really see my face, blasting the bass, then getting to see that disappointed look on their face when they step up to my window to see I'm as white bread as they get and then I'm all like Why hello there good sir! And they're just like just ah damnit.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Yep ha ha.

I don't even dress like a criminal. I'm a business guy who just happens to not be a wildly successful business guy. I don't dress up usually (shorts and t-shirt kinda guy) and I usually have stubble or a beard. I'm also an ex college fullback.

Everytime I get pulled over the cop thinks he just nabbed Rick Ross but in actuality he just falsely profiled a peaceful citizen.

It's not a white/black thing with cops. Most are sh*ty people. I've had some of my worst experiences with black cops.

It's a real issue in this country. People don't think about what id does to those who are abused. I get anxiety now from cops. Got illegally tagged in IL and every since I don't trust any of em. If they won't even call out injustices in their own line of work, how are we supposed to expect them to be honest?

3. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Cops are an integral part of a peaceful society, I just like when they get messed with and embarrassed. Riverman really summed it all up saying the job just attracts a certain personality type. My dad would tell me that growing up and he's a pillar of the community.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Let's be honest. What "normal" person wants a job where they have to apprehend criminals on a daily basis? Put themselves in harm's way to protect strangers?

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I was about to for the longest time......

.....I consider myself somewhat normal.

Its about wanting to make the world a better and safer place for others, not the 'power' that comes with it.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

But it does end up being about the 'power' eventually for a lot of those guys. It goes to their heads. Just like most other people in "powerful" jobs.

The thing that always kept me from seriously considering it, is having to enforce the laws I don't particularly agree with. I'd hate myself for throwing some poor guy in jail for smoking a joint or some other trivial (IMO) offense.

I have another buddy who was a cop in Baltimore for several years. Super nice guy. He eventually got burnt out. Said it was a pretty depressing job for him. He now runs a fairly successful non-profit that helps very sick kids. Quite a drastic change to say the least.

I think that's kind of what Riverman is getting at. You have to be a "certain kind of person" to see/do some of that stuff on a daily basis and not be affected by it, much less actually enjoy it.

But I'm not meaning to knock cops by any means. They obviously play a very important role in our society and I appreciate it. Just a shame so many of them are complete D-bags and forget what the job is really about.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I find a professional and honest attitude is the best way to deal with officers. 25 years old and I have never gotten a ticket. Only one time did I feel like I actually deserve one though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Perhaps I'm just uninformed, but I guess I was just thinking if you NEVER arrest anyone for marijuana your superior/s might have something to say about that. Wouldn't think they'd take too kindly to you only enforcing the laws you see fit.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

eh I mean maybe, but if you don't smell it you don't smell it.

You would probably find someone driving and smell it, that I actually have a problem with.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- I'm not knocking on cops. I'm glad we have folks willing to do that job. There are a high percentage of certain personality types that are drawn to law enforcement and an even higher percentage that make it a career.

Having to put up with the personality type is a small price to pay for the amount of security they provide the average citizen. It is just a predictable way to limit your own citations if you recognize what makes most of them tick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar