Rock Band Elimination Game

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm not saying Metallica hasn't sold records outside the US but The Ramones have mad record sales abroad. They cross the genre boundaries and everyone from Norwegian satan-metal kids to South American Pop fans buy Ramones records. They riotted to get into Ramones shows in other countries - kids went nut wild.. On guitar Johnny Ramone is 3 chords and a cloud of dust, nuthin technical but beautiful angry barre chords that inspired generations. The irony here is that Kirk Hammet worshipped Johnny Ramone and they were best friends right before Johnny's death...

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

"All Bar chord" rock is boring to me. You were talking all about scales and this and that and then you say the Ramones guy is a "3 chords and a cloud of dust" ...uh I guess... Either way i guess you like em because of their songs... And you should. We just have different taste... That's obvious.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

To clarify, I like some bands that work with the basics and some that get a bit more technical - it's not a prerequisite either way for me..

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Ramones gets my vote for best cover ever of "Time Has Come Today" :)

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

As much as I love The Ramones I gotta go with The Angry Samoans version of that tune...

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

why doesnt people like nickleback???

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Seriously?
    When I think of Nickleback I think of Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New York when he says "You are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, so I will spit you out of my mouth..." I swear he's talking about Nickleback...
    [​IMG]

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i like there music, addicting.....

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If that's what floats your boat - cause you gotta keep your boat afloat..
    [​IMG]

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I saw Nickleback live a few months before How You Remind Me went big for them.

It was a small venue with maybe 2000 people there at the most. They seriously rocked & played a great gig. Screw public opinion,if you like them that's all there is to it.

Not my favorite band by any means but I do like them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar