Robert Quinn

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 24, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm not sure I get your point. There is more to defense than sacks, no?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No you are not getting my point. We are not going to use an 8th pick on a guy who is just a good OLB. I used the example of Curry before who is a good player for Seattle but not much of an impact player.

If the guy can't make an impact in our defense then why draft him?

The main selling point for miller is how he rushes the passer. In our defense that comes from the DEs not the linebackers.

FYI my opinion of Quinn just went down a little. On the combine web site he is listed at 254 not the 270 everybody else had him at. That is speed rusher type size not the full sized guy i thought he was.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Taken into account he was a young player at the time..

Von miller playing OLB in a 4-3 had 25 tackles, 3 sacks, 0 ints and 0 PD and one FF.

What about those numbers make him worth an 8th pick? Only when he was in a position to rush the passer 75% of the time did he start being an impact player.

4. 24

24 Starter

I just checked, he still has him at #1.

I don't think the DE have weighed in yet. I don't know where they got that number.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You are right the most recent rankings have Quinn #1, Bowers 2 and Watt 3.

Either Mayock has a full set of balls for ranking Quinn ahead of Bowers or he is just silly though Bowers was only great for one year at Clemson.

As for the weights i honestly don't know where those came from.

6. 24

24 Starter

Measured in at 6' 4", 265 pounds. Pretty much what I expected. Ideally, you want him at 275 for the 4-3, but he may also be trying to appeal to 3-4 teams.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

265 is big enough coming out of college. You can't expect every DE to be 275 not many in the NFL are that size. At 6-4 he can put on more weight if needed.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports High Schools

Grey is going to change how we use our DEs.Quinn might not be the best option here.

So a guy like Watt is the better fit.

9. 24

24 Starter

Quinn played mostly the 7 at UNC. He may not be the best run defender, but he's still good. I wasn't expecting Grey to keep that simple DL scheme anyway. Plus, Watt would move to DT in our 4-3.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

In style Quinn is more like a Freeney. A guy who has the speed to rush the passer. In a 7 technique a guy like Morgan is a better fit because he will engage the OT instead of just lining up wide.

The guy I really like is Jordan in the draft. I think he would be a beast. Him and Morgan would make out DL special. Hayes miight be more at home in a 7 technique as well.

I also see our defense looking more like the Greg Williams defenses. Less cover 2 and more aggressiveness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar