Robert Quinn

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 24, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I like Quinn but not sure how well he plays the run. From what I've seen/read he's mainly just a pass rusher. Not that that's a bad thing just don't want to take a 1 dimensional player that high. But as long as we go defense and don't reach for a QB I'll be happy.

There are 4 players on defense that I hope one of them to fall to us: Fairley, Dareus, Miller, Bowers. I'm hoping teams 1-7 fall in love with AJ Green, Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbtert, Patrick Peterson, and Prince Amukamara. If those 4 of those 5 are taken before we pick at least one of the 4 defensive players I named would fall to us.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

We better have grabbed a good DT in FA (Cofield/Mebane) if we take Quinn. Not that he won't be good I'm still on the fence about him. But he isn't very good vs the run yet and the possibility of having 2 starting DE who haven't played in a year worries me a little. If we take Quinn we probably didn't resign Babin.

Dareus>Quinn

But Free Agency will change a lot.

3. 24

24 Starter

We've already had this argument, clearly I did nothing to convince you. Do you honestly believe he could've been the #1 pick if he only went outside every time? And, do you really think Mayock would rate him ahead of Bowers if he only had one move? I think the more likely answer is that you watched some YouTube clips of him that happen to capture him going outside often, now you're entrenched in that opinion.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

One thing I do know is that North Carolina is going to miss all their defenders next year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Ha! They missed them this past year too! :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Again- if his only highlights come from either being completely unblocked or him using his 1 tool (outside speed rush)... I can only assume that's all that he has.

Because if he has something else- it's not making highlights. Therefore is probably ineffective. He plays pretty weak also even when he is in position to make sacks. Like he only uses his upper body or something. It's odd.

What Mike Mayock has means nothing. He also has Blaine Gabbert ranked the #1 QB even though he sucks.

And again- his run defense is bad enough to knock him out of consideration completely. Painful to watch.

7. 24

24 Starter

Fine, I can respect your opinion. But, you're being hypocritical in regards to Mayock. When you agree with what he says, he's the best draft analyst out there. Mayock has more insight into the work ethic, football intelligence, etc. of all these players. I'll trust his opinion until he proves otherwise.

As for Quinn, he has average run support, but it's far from poor. I have no knowledge of how UNC runs their defense, but from what I've seen, it looks like they ask their DE to play contain, to allow the LB to make the plays.

One of Quinn's biggest assets is his flexibility. If you ever watch him dip his shoulders around the corner, he gets incredibly low to the ground. He can also really sink his hips, giving him tremendous leverage in his bull rush and run support. His lower base is smaller than ideal, but he compensates with great leverage.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

His run defense from everything I've seen is about as bad as it gets. He's not only usually out of position on run plays, but also struggles to bring anyone down that isn't a QB...and many of them he struggles with if they anticipate his presence. Not sure if he's just not very strong or it's poor technique... but there are a lot of problems.

As far as being hypocritical on Mayock- I've never said anything good about the guy. He's ranking Quinn too high and Gabbert way too high as of now... I know little about him though.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

When miller played in the 4-3 he had just 3 sacks.

No OLB has put up big sack numbers in our 4-3. Bulluck at the top of his game only averaged about 3 sacks a season and Witherspoon only had 3 last year.

Only in Greg Williams more aggressive 2000 defense did the OLB put up decent sack numbers, Favors 5.5, Robinson 4. But that was just by blitzing more any good athlete with speed can get to the QB with nobody blocking them.

Unless Grey wants to get some videos of the of the 85 Bears and the 86 Giants and pattern our defense from them. OLB in those defenses had lots of sacks.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I just pulled up Mayock's top 5 at each position and he has Quinn ranked 5th among DEs.

The combine has started let's see the numbers. His real size, 40 time and 10 yard split are the most important. If he comes in as projected at 270 with 4.60 type speed he is a big time prospect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar