Robert Meachem

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tennessee, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

I am seeing reports on message boards that Meachem has declared he will enter the draft.... but I can't find any links.... does anyone have a link yet?

2. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

Well....

This is the first article I have seen on the subject...

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070104/SPORTS0601/70104075

from article:

"Meachem was unavailable for comment today, but told several people that he plans to train out in Arizona for the upcoming testing sessions and NFL combine.

It’s unclear whether or not Meachem has signed or entered into any kind of agreement with an agent. As long as he doesn’t, he has until Jan. 19 to pull his name out of the draft and return to school. The deadline for underclassmen to file their paperwork for early entry is Jan. 15."

3. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

I am mostly interested in him because I want a Defensive starter in the first.... Then WR in round 2 or 3.... I'd be okay with Meach.... or Steve Smith USC... or Anthony Gonzalez OSU... or Limas Sweed UTex... or Rice out of USCarolina....
    or heck how about Early Doucet LSU if he would enter... ?

I know at least one of these guys will be there when the Titans are on the clock in the 2nd and IF enough of them come out ... somebody may last until the 3rd.

And or we've got plenty of picks to 'Dare I Say' move up in the late second/early third round...

4. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

Or Johnnie Lee Higgins in the second,just to add to your enormous list of "OR's"

5. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

:werd:

.... now that's what I'm talkin' bout:yes:

6. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

I'd rather have Higgins for round 2/3 money than Ginn if he fell to 19.

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Meachem will not be around 2-3. His has a protoype NFL body and actually makes plays. That being said I wouldn't take him with our 1st. I think he will need a year or so or "seasoning" to make an impact. If we go for a playmaker with the 1st(what I think we will do) we need someone with a skill set(Ginn) to make plays on instinct from day one, not a year or two from now.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

9. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Limas Sweed isn't even thinking of coming out. Texas players just don't leave with eligibility left. Only one has in the 8-year tenure that Mack Brown has been head coach, and that was Vince Young.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar