Robert Meachem Is Charging Up The Board

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by FightinTitan, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Calico was said to be "the next T.O." with less attitude coming in to the draft. Meachem is said to be "that guy from tennessee".

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

makes you wonder what Calico could have been if he hadn't of gotten hurt. After that it was all in his head. Has anyone picked him up or he is trying Arena football?

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Looking back you are correct.

My apologies to Tez.

4. Deuce Wayne

I haven't heard anything about Calico. Seems like somebody would take a shot on the guy.
    P.S. the reason I'm so hard on Meachem (whom I'd be ok with having) is because of Dwayne Bowe (whom I'd MUCH rather have).

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Finally, there is someone else who recognizes that Calico probably would have been a very good WR had it not been for the injury :monkey:

6. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

meachem would be nice

7. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

I like both Meachem and Bowe... but Meach looked excellent yesterday.

Sorry, my sarcasm wasn't very clear

8. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Boew does not bring anything to the plate that we don;t already have in our current WRs.

Meachem brings the big play, YAC, and stretches the field with a big body and speed. He is .15 of a second faster in the 40 than Bowe, which means that Mecahem can seperate quicker down the field. .15 of a second can mean the difference in a 90 TD and a 5 yard gain. We don't have a WR who can stretch the field like Meachem can. Having one would make VY that much more dangerous both throwing the ball and running down the open field.

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

We have a smilie for that :sarcasm: :))

10. Deuce Wayne

I think the exact opposite. Meachem/Roydell Williams/Wade/Courtney Roby are all in the same boat I think.
    Bowe does more than any receiver available IMO. Have you seen the guy block? He takes out 2 players per play many times. That with Vince running to the sidelines is important. Then his strength/size. Meachem just can't compete with the guy when you take a solid look at both.
    But again, either would suit me as I don't have a major preference this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar