Robert ayers is the man!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Robert ayers has the same measurables as jason jones and would be a perfect fit for our system and can succeed at DE or DT but most likely would play both.

Jason jones http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68142&draftyear=2008&genpos=DE
    6'5
    4.76 40
    18 reps

Robert Ayers http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33666&draftyear=2009&genpos=DE
    6'3
    4.77 40
    18 reps

The reason jason jones was successful and named to the all rookie team is because of his speed. Most DTs can't crack a 5 flat 40 much less run a 4.76 and ayers is the same way. You talk about players capable of getting up field and disrupting things these guys can do that.

Both ayers and jones can get stronger. Both ayers and jones would grow under washburn's coaching.

The more i think about it the more i think the D-line is the best value for us in rd 1. Better value than WR or CB.

If not Ayers then Gilbert a 6'5 288 lb guy with 4.81 speed would be an excellent choice. True DTs like marks or hood are also nice choices.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

eh. I don't know. I like Ayers, but I think the best value would be CB.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Ayers is my #1 pick of choice where we pick in the 1st round.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hooray for one year wonders!

5. maximus

maximus Starter

I think Ayres could possibly be had in the 2nd.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Doubtful in the 2nd because he is moving up.

I consider his late blossoming as a good sign a solid athlete who is still growing as a player not someone who peaked 2 years ago. He will get better with good coaching and can get stronger.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ccuoGx3A6t4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ccuoGx3A6t4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Robert ayers against one of the best O-lines in the country. That inside move he made on the first play was golden. Excellent explosiveness. He'll have washburn to motivate him.

Play one ayers explodes past 2nd team all sec guard johnson who dives at his legs in desperation.

Play 2 ayers is unblocked and blows up a running play.

Play 3 ayers comes off the block of all sec all american tackle smith to stop a running play for no gain.

Play 4 explodes up field causing an incomplete pass.

Play 5 blows past johnson on another inside move and chases john parker wilson 15 yards into a throw away.

Consistent pressure, consistent explosiveness into the backfield against top competition!

"I'm sure alabama did not anticipate that their offensive line would have this kind of trouble."

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He's a good player I just think right now we need to prepare for a replacement at CB in the 1st because the depth of the DL is good enough that I'm not worried about that position as much.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Why do you want a 272lb DT? We already have THREE DT's who are undersized, quick and can rush the passer. And Ayers ran a 4.90 electronic time at the combine. Even if you go by his best hand held...he's about 4.85 which is slow.

How many DT's can break 5.0 second in the 40? A LOT IF they were 272lbs. How many DT's weigh 272lbs who can stop the run? ZERO!

How would DL have better value than WR? Sure if Brown somehow dropped. But of the likely candidates...I doubt there is a DE or DT worth taking who wouldn't be a reach, gamble, or BOTH! There is almost certainly gonna be a good WR to take.

Gilbert is highly athletic, but he also has trouble holding up against the run unless he's one on one. We have guys who are good at one on one. Who's gonna be able to take on a double team like AH did?

Gut

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If we were to select a DL in the first I rather trade up a little for Perry from Ole Miss. Gut, that man can handle a double team like AH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar