Rumor Rivers retires...here comes Wentz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Calm down... it hasn’t happened yet and it will take a lot to make it happen. It would take up half of Indys cap space and they have a lot of key spots to fill. But let’s be clear.. it’s Matt Stafford, not Aaron Rodgers. Let’s not freak out. Can Stafford have a better year than Rivers had? Seriously... they had extremely similar years. Indy doesn’t get alot better. They just kind of stay the same. Meh! We just get average on defense and the division is still ours.

2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Word on the Street is Detroit looking for a 1st for Stafford.

3. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I'm sorry, stafford >> rivers. Put rivers on the lions last year and watch him flounder. Stafford would cost them $9.5m of an available 58m... 16% is not quite 50%

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

This, is usually where ratings go side-ways. Scouts watch players for two sometimes 3 years and assign their grades, then the combine rolls around and somebody runs faster than they think, and the player rating artificially skyrockets. The tiers these guys are in right now should be valid. Scouts should have seen enough to know how they break down. Should, mind you.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Agree.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. LTF

LTF Starter

The problem is that they still have enough cap space to fill all their needs. Especially with the covid fueled shrink in FA salaries this upcoming year. JR has screwed us with the salary cap and our luck is Colts and Jags have top available cap space this upcoming year. Not to mention the crap draft he had last year.

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

The cap is fixable. A few restructures and we are back in the hunt again.

8. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I know that’s your option but the stats don’t show that. I think River is a much smarter QB. Great QBs lift up there team. Stafford has great skills but isn’t very smart. Rivers arm was shot and he threw for more yards than Stafford. Stafford threw a lot because the Lions were behind a lot. I don’t see Stafford as that much better. Again... it’s our opinion. Rivers is most assuredly the smarter QB.

Stafford Cap hit is $33 Million, which is where I got my 50% number. However I dig deeper and found his Cap hit is actually $20 million for a team trading for him in 2021 with the Lions having to pay $13 million which is still cheap.

But I see the Stafford ending up in New England or San Fran before the Colts. There will be a bidding war.

9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

You never judge a draft until year 3. I get your point if you are talking about Wilson but chill, the rest of the draft looks promising, JRob didn’t screw anybody. When you have a team of really good players and you are winning you have cap issues. That’s JROBs job to figure it all out, The Jags and Colts have a lot of cap space because they sucked. We will be fine and sign who we need to sign and restructure who we need to restructure.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Id prefer Jones over Hilton tbh..but either aren't great but Jones could be a decent #2 with Brown and Tannehill

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar